Watford vs Newcastle

Matty

Great result and the manner of the result might make the lads believe they can turn things around which might be as important as anything else in our current situation.

We can hope so bay citeh in the league are a different proposition. They've not lost at home yet and haven't conceded a goal either. Saturday remains a much more important game.

I agree but going into it with a more positive state of mind can only help and let's face it, Citeh aren't exactly Barcelona are they. After all of the understandable hysteria from our recent league run we have to remember that we do actually have some good players still available to us.

True. Shame about the manager!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tremendous,looks like it'll be 3 minutes of highlights within a 65 minute programme, and two of the twelve penalties taken.

Fixed for you.

Fucking joke.

Quoted for truth. Bunch of wankers!

Sky are no fucking better, oooh let's show a ManUre cup game again 'cos their last game against Crewe was so fucking entertaining! ...and then ITV show 25 minutes worth of highlights of the same shite!

Note to you ITV producers: Goals are what make football matches entertaining, 4 league cup games last night, two of them only had one goal scored yet one of those is subject to extended highlights just because it's Man U fucking nited! That's about as ridiculous as putting traffic lights on a roundabout for fucks sake! :unsure:

It pissed me off we won our only competitive penalty shoot out in our history and it wasn't shown. Twats.

Great result and the manner of the result might make the lads believe they can turn things around which might be as important as anything else in our current situation.

We can hope so bay citeh in the league are a different proposition. They've not lost at home yet and haven't conceded a goal either. Saturday remains a much more important game.

I agree but going into it with a more positive state of mind can only help and let's face it, Citeh aren't exactly Barcelona are they. After all of the understandable hysteria from our recent league run we have to remember that we do actually have some good players still available to us.

True. Shame about the manager!

No arguments there.

I have total belief that the current squad can get out of this mess, and that with a couple of aquisitions could challenge for top 6, I'm just not convinced they can do either with the current manager.

I have total belief that the current squad can get out of this mess, and that with a couple of aquisitions could challenge for top 6, I'm just not convinced they can do either with the current manager.

Talk of top 6 is pure la la land.

We need a new manager and more than two new players.

We're 10 points off 6th place in a shite league. Martin O'Neill, Mark Viduka and someone like Upson and we'd easily challenge top 6. Even under Roeder, with this squad, Bramble can take practically 100% of the blame (on the pitch) for 6 points, and a target man would have given us 3 points against Charlton certainly, and most probably against Sheffield United.

We're 10 points off 6th place in a shite league. Martin O'Neill, Mark Viduka and someone like Upson and we'd easily challenge top 6. Even under Roeder, with this squad, Bramble can take practically 100% of the blame (on the pitch) for 6 points, and a target man would have given us 3 points against Charlton certainly, and most probably against Sheffield United.

The things is that before we get in some new players we desperately need we will be much more adrift of the top 6 than we already are. I can't see us closing the gap under the current manager and playing staff.

While some of what you say isn't inaccurate, you also have to remember we have had a piss easy run of games so far. That will change and I'm not so sure that even with the addition of Viduka and Upson we are good enough to do well enough against the better teams to move that far up the table.

While some of what you say isn't inaccurate, you also have to remember we have had a piss easy run of games so far. That will change and I'm not so sure that even with the addition of Viduka and Upson we are good enough to do well enough against the better teams to move that far up the table.

Agree, we have already played most of our "easy" games, it's going to get harder, not easier.

Anyway, what's the point in mentioning people like O'Neill? I think we may as well try and keep the NUFC board of toontastic somewhere in the realms of reality, leave the fantasy stuff to the General Chat.

Agree with Alex re: Viduka too. We need battlers from now 'til the end of the season.

Is it just me or does anyone else think carrs our worst defender. Personally think Brambles twice the player and although i'm not his biggest fan i think brambles been decent last couple of months.

:razz:

Wash your mouth out with soap!!!!!! Rodders has told you, and everyone else, that Carr is in the form of his life.

Is it just me or does anyone else think carrs our worst defender. Personally think Brambles twice the player and although i'm not his biggest fan i think brambles been decent last couple of months.

Carr for me stands out as our worst player in recent history. I rate Bramble much higher.

The things is that before we get in some new players we desperately need we will be much more adrift of the top 6 than we already are. I can't see us closing the gap under the current manager and playing staff.

That's a strange response to a post saying we need a change in management and playing staff?

PS Sorry, to answer your first point, the "new manager boost" would see us through to the transfer window.

Edited by ObaGol

Anyway, what's the point in mentioning people like O'Neill? I think we may as well try and keep the NUFC board of toontastic somewhere in the realms of reality, leave the fantasy stuff to the General Chat.

Agree with Alex re: Viduka too. We need battlers from now 'til the end of the season.

Sorry, what was I thinking? We're DOOMED! Better? :razz:

I was making a point about what the current squad is capable of, and what a new manager could accomplish with minimum changes. I'm not the fantasist here, I'm not allowing emotion to cloud my judgement.

2 questions for you, would we have dropped 6 points to Fulham and Bolton with Upson (or any other half decent defender) in the side? Would we have stuck the ball in the net with a half decent striker against Charlton? That piss easy run also included Old Trafford and Anfield btw.

And my point about Viduka was that we wouldn't be in this position with even a mediocre target man, not that he's the sort of player we need in a relegation scrap, try to keep up children. :dancing:

Sorry, what was I thinking? We're DOOMED! Better? :dancing:

I was making a point about what the current squad is capable of, and what a new manager could accomplish with minimum changes. I'm not the fantasist here, I'm not allowing emotion to cloud my judgement.

2 questions for you, would we have dropped 6 points to Fulham and Bolton with Upson (or any other half decent defender) in the side? Would we have stuck the ball in the net with a half decent striker against Charlton? That piss easy run also included Old Trafford and Anfield btw.

And my point about Viduka was that we wouldn't be in this position with even a mediocre target man, not that he's the sort of player we need in a relegation scrap, try to keep up children. :icon_lol:

More hypotheticals! I more interested in trying to work out what is going to happen rather than what might have been if things had been different.

And yes, we're DOOMED! [/scottish] :razz:

More hypotheticals! I more interested in trying to work out what is going to happen rather than what might have been if things had been different.

Fair enough, I've mixed in my feelings on when Roeder lost himself the job (summer) and our current predicament, but the point I'm making is what minimum changes to the squad would have on the team.

One decent manager by LUNCH TIME + 2 players in January = top 6.

NOT FANTASY ISLAND!

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to claim I was referring to Drogba and Cannavaro.

Edited by ObaGol

We not need a fat, disinterested and past it Ozzie who isn't exactlty knocking in the goals this seson for Boro.

Why do we always have to try and go for the obvious targets instead of signing the likes of Ashton when he was at Crewe rather than West Ham when the value has gone up millions?

When did our scouts last spot a good signing not someone touted in the media for millions? N'Zogbia is the last player I can think of.

Fair enough, I've mixed in my feelings on when Roeder lost himself the job (summer) and our current predicament, but the point I'm making is what minimum changes to the squad would have on the team.

One decent manager by LUNCH TIME + 2 players in January = top 6.

NOT FANTASY ISLAND!

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to claim I was referring to Drogba and Cannavaro.

I honestly believe top 6 is beyond us this season no matter what happens. I firmly believe a quality manager can save us with minimal player investment, but unfortunately I can't see one taking us on.

This time it looks like we're goners I'm afraid.

I know I have a reputation for being a pessimistic drama queen, but even the boy who cried wolf was right in the end.

We not need a fat, disinterested and past it Ozzie who isn't exactlty knocking in the goals this seson for Boro.

Why do we always have to try and go for the obvious targets instead of signing the likes of Ashton when he was at Crewe rather than West Ham when the value has gone up millions?

When did our scouts last spot a good signing not someone touted in the media for millions? N'Zogbia is the last player I can think of.

Time to wheel this chap out: :razz:

I honestly believe top 6 is beyond us this season no matter what happens. I firmly believe a quality manager can save us with minimal player investment, but unfortunately I can't see one taking us on.

This time it looks like we're goners I'm afraid.

I know I have a reputation for being a pessimistic drama queen, but even the boy who cried wolf was right in the end.

you said it. :razz:

Are you saying Roeder's going to be eaten by a wolf btw? I'd take that.

While some of what you say isn't inaccurate...

Could you be more specific about that please, it's pretty much impossible to respond to.