***The Official Ashes 2006/07 Thread***

Tooj

England 3/300. Looking good so far. It's imperative that England bat themselves into a posititon where it's nigh on impossible for Australia to win. Then they can have a go.

I'm just glad that we have a series. I feared the worst after Brisbane.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England 3/300. Looking good so far. It's imperative that England bat themselves into a posititon where it's nigh on impossible for Australia to win. Then they can have a go.

A draw isn't good enough tbh

A draw isn't good enough tbh

True, but you can only piss with the cock you've got. It's up to the batsman do do their job so that the bowlers are in the position to do the rest. Whether the bowlers are up to it is a different matter.

Great second day for England though. Collingwood scoring 206 and Pietersen 146 not out at tea. 4/468 is a great effort, and shows good character after the last test.

My man Hussey... what was the indecision for?

Looks like settling for a draw at the moment unless England rattle through our tail and then rattle through the top order again when we get set in again.

I think Englands decision to keep on batting and Flintoff just hitting the ball around instead of going out hell for leather could come back to haunt them. Then again so could Giles drop from Ponting.

Should be some interesting days coming up before they head to Perth! I think the stadium will be full of English people (poms) as we have a bucket load of your lot here.

Aye looks like being a draw here. Pitch is dead and 11 wickets in 3 days tells it's own story. Giles drop will be the key moment though as at 79/4 or whatever it would have been would have put massive pressure on Michael Clarke and Mike Hussey.

It's been like watching cricket in the sub-continent. Pitch is terrible and unless something drastic happens this game will die a slow death.

It's in this situation that Panesar could have been useful. Still we've got Ashley to tie up an end, and his vital catching skills...

oh wait

Picked because he's a better batsman and fielder.

Doesn't bat and drops an important chance. (I haven't seen it - was it a dolly or is everyone just ganging up on him because he's not Monty?)

Still, his economy rate of 2.81 is good.

It's in this situation that Panesar could have been useful. Still we've got Ashley to tie up an end, and his vital catching skills...

oh wait

Picked because he's a better batsman and fielder.

Doesn't bat and drops an important chance. (I haven't seen it - was it a dolly or is everyone just ganging up on him because he's not Monty?)

Still, his economy rate of 2.81 is good.

Ponting pulled it to deep square leg boundary and Giles went back and at full stretch got his hands to it (whilst going backwards) but it bobbled from one hand into the other and popped out. Hard but relatively easy for an international player you would think. These things happen i guess. I remember Marto dropping a sitter at mid off during one game... possibly for WA.

I was wondering if Read would have got to the chance behind that Jones just got the tip of his glove to, down the leg side? Was it Ponting or Hussey??

Anyway, ifs and buts.

I think most of us expect a draw, but another England collapse can never be ruled out!!

I think most of us expect a draw, but another England collapse can never be ruled out!!

That would be my only concern, a collapse giving the convicts an attainable target to go for.

To lose after such a big first innings would be a body blow.

Series would be over if that happened.

That would be my only concern, a collapse giving the convicts an attainable target to go for.

You are 5 down now after a mini collapse. Jones and Collingwood at the crease and not many runs on the board and it isnt even lunch yet.

Warnie bowled KP around his legs, pitched just outside leg and KP tried a sweep shot but the ball gripped and spun and took off stump! Amazing ball.

Game is certainly on, overall lead is 121 at the moment.

Edited by wellsy

Not gloating but things aren't looking good JJ.

Funnily enough just came online to say just that.

7/97. Appaling. England are throwing away the Ashes.

Ferking hell. There are times I'm glad I didn't shell out for Sky Sports. Not least because you can stick your fingers in your ears and go "la-la-la" much more easily when you're only listening to the radio in the first place. :lol:

Funnily enough just came online to say just that.

7/97. Appaling. England are throwing away the Ashes.

The way they have come out in the 2nd innings they look like a team that is playing for a draw.

The cricket equal of citeh v watford this morning (evening).

Aye it's not great Sammy. They've dropped 7 wickets for less than 50 runs in 3 hours today. It's terrible to watch.

Hoggard out now. Collingwood, Harmison and Anderson might aswell open the shoulders.

Aye it's not great Sammy. They've dropped 7 wickets for less than 50 runs in 3 hours today. It's terrible to watch.

Hoggard out now. Collingwood, Harmison and Anderson might aswell open the shoulders.

I don't think Ponting is playing for a win though.

If he wants the win, he needs to be more agressive in his fielding. Especially with Lee's bowling.

I don't think Ponting is playing for a win though.

If he wants the win, he needs to be more agressive in his fielding. Especially with Lee's bowling.

I see what you're saying. He's been too obsessed with giving Collingwood the single and then getting the tailenders on strike.