***The Official Ashes 2006/07 Thread***

Tooj

We're fucked IMO.

No Simon Jones, Vaughan, Trescothick.

Harmison, Flintoff, Giles coming off long injury lay-offs and not sounding too special so far.

Think we'll get one draw and lose the rest...

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're fucked IMO.

No Simon Jones, Vaughan, Trescothick.

Harmison, Flintoff, Giles coming off long injury lay-offs and not sounding too special so far.

Think we'll get one draw and lose the rest...

Trescothick has been in rubbish form anyway.

Vaughan wouldn't be in the side if he wasn't captain.

Panesar should be in the team ahead of Giles.

Harmison would only bowl well in one test if he was fully fit, an injury won't make much difference.

Flintoff will raise his game against the old enemy.

We've missed and we will miss Jones, I'll give you that one. ;)

Anyone planning to stay up? I might for the first hour, then get up a bit earlier in the morning to catch up.

I'm off work tomorrow so gonna stay up for a bit.

Part of his depression seems to be that he's come to hate playing cricket, so we can't really have him playing when he really doesn't want to.

That's not depression that's called common sense. :D

please don't swear in this thread

Part of his depression seems to be that he's come to hate playing cricket, so we can't really have him playing when he really doesn't want to.

That's not depression that's called common sense. :lol:

You stick to drinking beer out of vase's and we'll stick to cricket :D

I don't have Sky so I'm assuming it'll be Test Match Special for me!

Even so, and despite my lack of optimism, I'm excited about the Ashes this time again. I'd love to see England retain, but I'm about as confident as most that it'll happen unfortunately.

Giles in ahead of Monty. Defensive decision imo.

Not only are you dropping the better bowler, you are pickign somebody who has barely played any cricket in a year!

With Jones and Giles its clear that Warne was right, the management definitely have their favourites.

Obviously i hope Giles has a stormer with bat and ball and that Jones does likewise with bat and glove, but i'd have went with the other two myself.

No shit sherlock.

So it's Jones and Giles instead of Read and Panesar. Don't expect many stumpings! Fletcher's obsession with players being semi competent in 2 disciplines (rather than excelling in one) has been pissing me off for ages.

"By chance, I was walking through the maze of rival packs of fans when the England team bus reversed into its garage in the bowels of the Gabba.

Alastair Cook was white with nerves, and there weren't any smiles or waves. Freddie was the only relaxed member of the team, standing at the front chatting away. In the ground, I can see about 10 St George Cross flags already. As is tradition, the names of local towns are inscribed in black ink.

Freddie's Preston mob are here in force, there's some Durham support and more from Weymouth on the south coast."

Oliver Brett, BBC Sport in Brisbane