owen to reject toon bid!

nufc1984

fuck him anyway. he either wants to play for us or he doesnt. he cant honestly expect to say 'il play for you til summit better comes along' and expect us to be chuffed. lets get luque, at least he wants to be here!

18325[/snapback]

and with the money left over..... boa morte and ashton. job done :D

Edited by zico martin

fuck him anyway. he either wants to play for us or he doesnt. he cant honestly expect to say 'il play for you til summit better comes along' and expect us to be chuffed. lets get luque, at least he wants to be here!

18325[/snapback]

and with the money left over..... boa morte and ashton. job done :D

18329[/snapback]

Ashton has commited himself to norwich.

Edited by khay

Apparently he was put off by the negative comments of some fans on Newcastle United message boards.

18331[/snapback]

Sorry. :D

18370[/snapback]

Especially Wullie :D

No quotes from the player, just "Teletext understands that..."

18373[/snapback]

They're not exactly at the cutting edge of investigative journalism, although if they're making it up I'm sure they still feel fairly confident in their fabrication.

18373[/snapback]

They're not exactly at the cutting edge of investigative journalism, although if they're making it up I'm sure they still feel fairly confident in their fabrication.

18379[/snapback]

not exactly sticking their neck out though are they, as it was always fairly obvious he would never come here despite all the 'reports' on sky about it.

18373[/snapback]

18379[/snapback]

not exactly sticking their neck out though are they, as it was always fairly obvious he would never come here despite all the 'reports' on sky about it.

18463[/snapback]

Then we can actually get on with realistic targets instead of Fat Fred's " PIE IN THE SKY" :D targets!

I blame the fans...

18335[/snapback]

Doesn't everyone ? :D

18498[/snapback]

I blame the fans who last season didn't spend all 90 mins of home matches chanting Sounness out until Shepherd fired the cunt and we could have avoided what will happen this season.

And sadly i have to include myself in it as i didn't chant for him to fuck of either even though i wanted it more than under any manager i've seen

Thank fuck for that. Maybe that money set aside for a player who doesn't want to join us can now be spent on the three players we do need. Maybe then our team and squad will take shape and give us the platform to kick on.

If Owen was to be our only signing, we'd still be screwed because he needs service too and he needs more than a past it 35-year old to play alongiside. Many seem to have forgotten, Owen isn't the player he once was, he can't create chances out of nothing like he used to do, he needs service just as much as Shearer.

And if he ever got an injury...

Massive gamble from Newcastle and systematic of the sheer lack of foresight or planning that infests our club from top to bottom. We should have bought a player of Owen's goalscoring ability when we finished 3rd, or last season.

Not a few days before the transfer window shuts and not for 25m in transfer fee and wages either, especially when their are other holes needing filled in a squad that has been neglected and decimated.

They must think we're stupid.

Oh wait...

Thank fuck for that. Maybe that money set aside for a player who doesn't want to join us can now be spent on the three players we do need. Maybe then our team and squad will take shape and give us the platform to kick on.

If Owen was to be our only signing, we'd still be screwed because he needs service too and he needs more than a past it 35-year old to play alongiside. Many seem to have forgotten, Owen isn't the player he once was, he can't create chances out of nothing like he used to do, he needs service just as much as Shearer.

And if he ever got an injury...

Massive gamble from Newcastle and systematic of the sheer lack of foresight or planning that infests our club from top to bottom. We should have bought a player of Owen's goalscoring ability when we finished 3rd, or last season.

Not a few days before the transfer window shuts and not for 25m in transfer fee and wages either, especially when their are other holes needing filled in a squad that has been neglected and decimated.

They must think we're stupid.

Oh wait...

18517[/snapback]

I cant remember reading any statement that said "If we buy Owen then we're not gonna bother getting anyone else". Surely, as has been said before....

a ) getting Owen alone is better than getting nobody.

b ) once we have Owen then we'll go after players that can play to his strengths.

But then again, maybe Im just not pessimistic enough.