owen to reject toon bid!

nufc1984

Thank fuck for that. Maybe that money set aside for a player who doesn't want to join us can now be spent on the three players we do need. Maybe then our team and squad will take shape and give us the platform to kick on.

If Owen was to be our only signing, we'd still be screwed because he needs service too and he needs more than a past it 35-year old to play alongiside. Many seem to have forgotten, Owen isn't the player he once was, he can't create chances out of nothing like he used to do, he needs service just as much as Shearer.

And if he ever got an injury...

Massive gamble from Newcastle and systematic of the sheer lack of foresight or planning that infests our club from top to bottom. We should have bought a player of Owen's goalscoring ability when we finished 3rd, or last season.

Not a few days before the transfer window shuts and not for 25m in transfer fee and wages either, especially when their are other holes needing filled in a squad that has been neglected and decimated.

They must think we're stupid.

Oh wait...

18517[/snapback]

I cant remember reading any statement that said "If we buy Owen then we're not gonna bother getting anyone else". Surely, as has been said before....

a ) getting Owen alone is better than getting nobody.

b ) once we have Owen then we'll go after players that can play to his strengths.

But then again, maybe Im just not pessimistic enough.

18522[/snapback]

or that you're talking sense

18522[/snapback]

or that you're talking sense

18524[/snapback]

But...emm that cant be possible, Im not saying "I dont want Owen!, its the worst decision ever!"

:D

Although it hasn't YET been confirmed it was pretty obvious from the moment he said he would only consider joining us on loan he wouldn't be coming here on a long term contract, yet again we are just wasting time with pointless exercises!

I cant remember reading any statement that said "If we buy Owen then we're not gonna bother getting anyone else". Surely, as has been said before....

b ) once we have Owen then we'll go after players that can play to his strengths.

18522[/snapback]

So you actuallt think we'll buy Owen and some more players as well? We must have tons of money.

And I'd swap the word pessimistic for the word "realist". I'm probably more optimistic about this season than most on here but for me, I'd prefer 3 players in 3 positions than putting all our eggs in one basket on a player who doesn't even want to join us, a player who could cost upwards of 25m in a transfer fee and wages. A player with a history of hamstring problems, a player who having lost a yard of pace needs service as much as the next man. A player who cares more about playing for England than club football. A player who if we did sign with no-one else coming in, we would still struggle regardless. Especially if Owen picked up an injury.

But I'm not questioning the target of a world-class goalscorer here, no, I'm questioning the club's decision making here and their lack of planning and foresight.

If we have all this money, why didn't we buy Anelka and Boa Morte?

I'd rather have those two than just Owen on his todd.

18522[/snapback]

So you actuallt think we'll buy Owen and some more players as well? We must have tons of money.

18533[/snapback]

And I'd rather have Beckham, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho (spelling???), Rooney (little twat), Mourinho as manager and a 14inch diddler but it aint gonna happen.

18522[/snapback]

18533[/snapback]

And I'd rather have Beckham, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho (spelling???), Rooney (little twat), Mourinho as manager and a 14inch diddler but it aint gonna happen.

18539[/snapback]

And neither is Owen.

But that wasn't my point. My point is, if we have all this money, then why didn't we pay the extra few million to sign Anelka and Boa Morte?

Yet we are prepared to give Real Madrid a massive profit on a player who has told us he does not want to join us.

Tell a lie, he does, but only on loan.

In which case then why the fuck did we make a record bid for him?

If we weren't prepared to be taken for mugs with Anelka and Boa Morte, then why are we prepared to be taken for mugs with Owen?

More questions than answers with this one.

Instead of wasting time and money on a player who doesn't want to join, we should give Fenerbache the 10m they want for Anelka and give Fulham the 6m they want for Boa Morte. If we offered that, those two players would sign.

But no, the idiots running our club don't think like that.

And why should they with the sheep mentality around. Owen, England centre-forward, record bid, just like signing Shearer.

Unlike then, we don't have Ginola on the left, Sir Les and Beardsley in attack with Gillespie and Asprilla in reserve.

This club has had 8 months to sign the players we need. 6 days before the transfer window closes we offer a record bid for a player who said he would only join on loan.

You couldn't make it up.

Crazy!

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...nel=premiership

I wish Liverpool would just f*cking do something instead of fannying about!!  :lol:

18537[/snapback]

Put your money on it - Liverpool will say they are interested and then with minutes to go to the deadline, say they can't afford it, thereby buggering up Newcastle and anyone else, while not spending a penny, hoping that Real will drop their price to half of what Newcastle offered out of desperation to sell.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...nel=premiership

I wish Liverpool would just f*cking do something instead of fannying about!!  :lol:

18537[/snapback]

Put your money on it - Liverpool will say they are interested and then with minutes to go to the deadline, say they can't afford it, thereby buggering up Newcastle and anyone else, while not spending a penny, hoping that Real will drop their price to half of what Newcastle offered out of desperation to sell.

18548[/snapback]

We are the most desperate of the three clubs involved in this bizarre love triangle and are as a result the most vulnerable and the most predictable.

I don't honestly think Liverpool have any intentions of going for him. Owen has said he wants to go there, so why don't they just come out and say, "We'll bid for Owen"? Who are they trying to kid by playing the silence game? I just think it's a case of them not wanting to totally publically dismiss the stories as to appease the Liverpool fans.

I don't honestly think Liverpool have any intentions of going for him. Owen has said he wants to go there, so why don't they just come out and say, "We'll bid for Owen"? Who are they trying to kid by playing the silence game? I just think it's a case of them not wanting to totally publically dismiss the stories as to appease the Liverpool fans.

18552[/snapback]

Liverpool have a direct interest in Owen staying exactly where he is right now. If he comes here the manager and board (Liverpool's) will be well criticised by the supporters and media.

Liverpool want the following

1. Owen stays in Madrid ... or barring that ...

2. Owen returns to Liverpool but only for the same amount or less than what was paid by Madrid

Liverpool will do whatever it can to make sure one of the two happens.

To be fair to Fat Fred he is playing this game as best as he can. The major problems are that we don't seem to have the other players we need coming in and our team is currently crap.

"instead of Fat Fred's " PIE IN THE SKY""

clutching at thin zstraws of hope here........feddys playing poker with the deportivo chairnman!!!

hes using the owen bid to win the signing of lugue. He knows fine well owen will reject us, but it will make deportivo agree the 10m for their player........ofcourse marseilee helped us alot here too )))

the spanish twat of a chairman thinks our pieman is a soft touch :lol:

18552[/snapback]

It's a game. They want him but don't want to pay anything above what they sold him for, a loan deal will be a better option for them.

We know this so we offer Real Madrid a record fee and this then forces them to say to Liverpool; "NUFC will give us this, you must match or beat it". It also forces them to say; "Whay would we loan him to you Rafa, NUFC will give us cash"

Liverpool have said OK, we wait. They now hope we go away and spend our money on someone else with the takes away Madrid's 'NUFC will give us this, you must match or beat it'. If we do that, Madrid either loan Owen to them or accept LFC's 7-8m bid.

Liverpool are in the driving seat because:

A: Owen wants to go to them

B: They can take or leave Owen, they are not slashing their wrists at the lack of strikers in their ranks like we are.

C: Owen would be prepared to take a wage cut and would take hours to say yes to Liverppol, a deal could be struck hours before the deadline closes.

Madrid just want his wages off the books and their money back. Obviosuly they want our money because we are crazy enough to give them 15m plus, despite the player having an initial value of 10-11m.

Liverpool will be prepared to go all the way until a few hours before the deadline closes to get their man because they know it would only take a few ours to get the signature of a player who would walk back to Anfield if he could.

Are we prepared to go all the way til deadline day with no guarantees that he will join becuase that's what we will have to do?

Do you as a fan, want us to sit it out and roll the dice a few more times for Owen?

I bloody well don't. I say tell Owen and Real to fuck off, get on the blower to Fenerbache and to Deportivo, and spend 20m on Luque and Anelka.

Or spend 20m on a left-back, Boa Morte and one of Anelka or Luque.

I just hope FFS sticks to his "by the end of the day" rule with Owen because we don't have time to fuck around!

18569[/snapback]

I actually think he will (for once) and we will find out by tomorrow morning at latest what is happening.

More brinksmanship from Lard Lad. How many deals have we entered into, told the papers about, talked to tv and radio about, only for Shepherd to pull the plug when it came to hardball?

I prefered the Keegan era when you didn't know who we'd signed until they walked through the door at the press conference.

I just hope FFS sticks to his "by the end of the day" rule with Owen because we don't have time to fuck around!

18569[/snapback]

Of course he will as that's his "get out of jail free card". Several reports are saying that Liverpool will make their move for Owen after the supercup on Friday. So fat boy puts in a whopping bid to appease the fans then withdraws it on Friday so we can :lol: pursue other options :lol:. Liverpool are then free to get him on whatever ridiculously low price they'd like.