Toon set to miss out on another top striker..

Scottish Mag

Bradford City have confirmed that Wigan have made a surprise bid for striker Dean Windass.

The Premiership new boys are desperate to land a forward before the transfer deadline and have recently failed in a bid to lure Dean Ashton from Norwich.

Jewell has previously worked with Windass during his own spell at the helm at The Valley but news of a bid - thought to be in the region of £450,000 - is sure to cause some surprise.

Windass, who has hit seven goals in five games this season, is entering the swansong of an impressive career at 36-years-old but Jewell feels he still has the nous to be able to perform at the top level.

However, Bantams boss Colin Todd is loath to lose his top goalscorer and has urged his board to resist any overtures from Wigan.

"Paul Jewell telephoned me on Wednesday morning and I advised him that I didn't want Dean to go anywhere and would have to speak with Julian Rhodes (Bradford's chairman) first, which I have now done and we will be speaking again during the day," Todd told the club's official website.

Windass has recently been in talks with Rhodes about extending his stay with the League One promotion hopefuls.

:D

Bet he would out score Shola.  :D

18375[/snapback]

I don`t doubt that for one minute..

18377[/snapback]

I do.

18378[/snapback]

He'd outscore last season's Shola as even though Windass is hardly Ronaldo he'd get more than 2 or 3 goals in the prem.

Whether he can outscore this seasons fully fit future world cup star for England i don't know! :D

18375[/snapback]

18377[/snapback]

I do.

18378[/snapback]

He'd outscore last season's Shola as even though Windass is hardly Ronaldo he'd get more than 2 or 3 goals in the prem.

Whether he can outscore this seasons fully fit future world cup star for England i don't know! :D

18380[/snapback]

Stop being so negative :icon_lol:

18375[/snapback]

18377[/snapback]

I do.

18378[/snapback]

18380[/snapback]

Stop being so negative :icon_lol:

18383[/snapback]

I'm not being negative, i'm looking at the positive side of NUFC signing Dean Windass!!!!! :icon_lol:

hello Mags

BRfC fan here, I fully sympahtise with your current situation.

Before I go on, your plight mirrors our situation at the start of last season. 6 Games in an no points.

However NUFC supporters, do not despair. I have a soft affliction for the barcodes and your supporters are probably the most friendliest that ever come to Blackburn. I predict a way out of your current situation but for the time being it will be painful.

Your pain will accede by the 16th September 05. This is the date that your new messiah or hate figure as he probably better described, will be despatched from the halls of The Milburn stadium.

This is after the 6th defeat on the bounce as NUFC lose a close game at Ewood by 3 goals to 0. Lads, I am not gloating and I am not for one suggesting that our little club is better or bigger than yours. It is written in the stars for everyone who suffered at the start of last season under the reign of Sourness. He spent all our money, nae wasted it more like and then he dragged us down. He is doing the same with your club.

This is how the game will pan out, or the week more like.

Early afternoon entertainment around the pubs as the geordie boys enjoy a drink like in our local hostelries. Its a grand old laugh between two sets of amiable supporters. thye talk is about the last ever game Mr Shearer will play at his old haunt and the fact that you have a manager with a previous link to BRFC..

The kick off. A 29000 crowd (the biggest at Ewood) is treated to an all action display from both teams who refuse to hold back. 0-0 half time with chances at a premium.

Enter Bellamy, fans favourite of most NUFC fans and the new darling of the Blackburn End. Irony takes over as within minutes he despatches a goal from a Pederson cross. 2 minutes later its 2-0 as Savage sends Given the wrong way from the spot. A 3rd goal quickly arrives and Pedesron sends Mr Shearer away from Ewood with the most fantastic standing ovation ever seen at Ewood.

Back in the pubs post match ready for the 4pm Sky game, both sets of fans revel in the thought that come Monday morning a hurriedly arranged press conference in the Newcastle arena sees FFS send Sourness spinning into obscurity with the sack, he takes his merry men with him. Thank you and good night.

Then begins a new era at NUFC. A bright new world. O'Leary? Allardyce ? Shearer ? Robson and Shearer ? The Geordie Dancer ?

Who ever takes the reigns will take your club back up the league a la Blackburn. The season may see you finish 15th or so but you will survive. I hope so as it guarantees Rovers an 8k away fans sell out and gives me and my mates a right royal piss up in the Quayside !

Good luck my fellow footie supporters. Live in hope and do not despair. Your pain and suffering may just be over in a little over 20 days.

oh by the way Owen for Sourness ? give us abreak he hates him. £450k gets you a better striker thatn Jay Bothroyd who I believe may be about to sign for you on loan. Now then where do I remember that one from ?

good luck lads and lassies :D

hello Mags

Before I go on, your plight mirrors our situation at the start of last season. 6 Games in an no points.

However NUFC supporters, do not despair. I have a soft affliction for the barcodes and your supporters are probably the most friendliest that ever come to Blackburn. I predict a way out of your current situation but for the time being it will be painful.

Your pain will accede by the 16th September 05. This is the date that your new messiah or hate figure as he probably better described, will be despatched from the halls of The Milburn stadium.

This is after the 6th defeat on the bounce as NUFC lose a close game at Ewood by 3 goals to 0. Lads, I am not gloating and I am not for one suggesting that our little club is better or bigger than yours. It is written in the stars for everyone who suffered at the start of last season under the reign of Sourness. He spent all our money, nae wasted it more like and then he dragged us down. He is doing the same with your club.

Early afternoon entertainment around the pubs as the geordie boys enjoy a drink like in our local hostelries. Its a grand old laugh between two sets of amiable supporters. thye talk is about the last ever game Mr Shearer will play at his old haunt and the fact that you have a manager with a previous link to BRFC..

The kick off. A 29000 crowd (the biggest at Ewood) is treated to an all action display from both teams who refuse to hold back. 0-0 half time with chances at a premium.

Enter Bellamy, fans favourite of most NUFC fans and the new darling of the Blackburn End. Irony takes over as within minutes he despatches a goal from a Pederson cross. 2 minutes later its 2-0 as Savage sends Given the wrong way from the spot. A 3rd goal quickly arrives and Pedesron sends Mr Shearer away from Ewood with the most fantastic standing ovation ever seen at Ewood.

Back in the pubs post match ready for the 4pm Sky game, both sets of fans revel in the thought that come Monday morning a hurriedly arranged press conference in the Newcastle arena sees FFS send Sourness spinning into obscurity with the sack, he takes his merry men with him.  Thank you and good night.

Then begins a new era at NUFC. A bright new world. O'Leary? Allardyce ? Shearer ? Robson and Shearer ? The Geordie Dancer ?

Who ever takes the reigns will take your club back up the league a la Blackburn. The season may see you finish 15th or so but you will survive. I hope so as it guarantees Rovers an 8k away fans sell out and gives me and my mates a right royal piss up in the Quayside !

Good luck my fellow footie supporters. Live in hope and do not despair. Your pain and suffering may just be over in a little over 20 days.

oh by the way Owen for Sourness ? give us abreak he hates him. £450k gets you a better striker thatn Jay Bothroyd who I believe may be about to sign for you on loan. Now then where do I remember that one from ?

good luck lads and lassies :D

18492[/snapback]

to be fair thats a good point that no-one has mentioned yet. Every liverpool fan i know hates souness with a passion for the reason discussed many times in the past. If owen is a real liverpool fan he would never join us while he's here!

I'm sure you're not far off, i can easilly see us losing the game at Blackburn and if Bellamy is fit he will want to beat the living shit out of Souness and unfortunately for us fans the only way for him to do that is destroy our team over 90 mins.

And everything he did to your club many of us knew he would do here, though if we're honest i think he is aiming to eclipse how shite he was for you by some distance here, but it was all so sadly predictable.

Still, lets give him time eh?

it is well documented that Sourness and Owen had a fall out during the aftermath of a sky commentary dinner season before last.

Its going to be a bigger problem for you now as Liverpool are clearly in waiting judging by what has just appeared on Skynews. I dont think for aminute lfc will pay anywyhere 16-18m quid for him. It is clear that is where he is heading.

|NUFC options up front are ridiculously short. There is not many Championship strikers that will fill the gap. There is certainly no Premiership strikers available. Looking abroad all the top clubs are now waiting for the Champs League to begin.

IMO

NUFC have these options

Beattie - everton

Jeffers - charlton

Kuqi* - blackburn

Earnshaw - wba

Bothroyd - free/no team

Other than that NUFC are going to have to pay seriously big money and would the board sanction any sourness big transfer fee ? At this time NO they bloody well wont.

hello Mags

Back in the pubs post match ready for the 4pm Sky game, both sets of fans revel in the thought that come Monday morning a hurriedly arranged press conference in the Newcastle arena sees FFS send Sourness spinning into obscurity with the sack, he takes his merry men with him.  Thank you and good night.

good luck lads and lassies :lol:

18492[/snapback]

This man is speaking from experience......not a crystal ball. It's been obvious since clueless walked through the door he would leave us in the shite.

it is well documented that Sourness and Owen had a fall out during the aftermath of a sky commentary dinner season before last.

18575[/snapback]

enlighten me

18575[/snapback]

enlighten me

18588[/snapback]

Me too , havent heard about this . . .