Jump to content

Sever07

Members
  • Content Count

    18
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by Sever07

  1. STEVEN TAYLOR has turned down a new five-year contract with Newcastle United.

     

    The Taylor camp tell me that the financial terms of the contract are “completely inadequate” and it is something which concerns the young defender, who will captain the England Under-21 side in their match in Montenegro tonight.

     

    Taylor’s dad Alf, who is looking after his son’s affairs these days, told me today: “I only hope they are not trying to force Steven out.

     

    “He loves Newcastle United and it is the only club he wants to play for, but he is most disappointed at what they are offering him.”

     

    United have made a formal offer to Taylor of a new five-year contract with a three-year option, but this has been rejected by the player.

     

    Obviously footballers talk among themselves, especially about how much each earn, and Taylor will be very much aware how much United have come up with for James Milner and Charles N’Zogbia, who had their contracts reviewed and signed new deals at St James’ Park in the past couple of weeks.

     

    And the word from Bolton is that Abdoulaye Faye is picking up £30,000 a week after joining United last week.

     

    Yet at the moment, Taylor’s basic wage in his current deal, which runs until June 2009, is less than a third of that.

     

    This leaves Alf Taylor to add: “Fans seeing the likes of Albert Luque and Jean Alain Boumsong coming into the club with massive wages must think Steven is also on big bucks, but this is not the case.

     

    “He is not playing for Newcastle for the money, but because he loves football and the club – but it is a short career and the financial aspect is still important.

     

    “Fortunately, while he is disappointed, Steven has never – nor ever will – let it affect his performance on the field.

     

    “He is a local lad who only wants to play for his local team.

     

    “But perhaps this is why his contract offer is not in the same category as those players who are coming in from all over the place.

     

    “Yet I do not see this being a problem at Liverpool with Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher.”

  2. Feel sorry for him, to be honest. The vast majority on here celebrating because they think Dyer's a cunt should maybe not be throwing stones.

    so glad like but i think they are signing ardino

  3. At least we know Faye is comfortable with the long ball shite Allardyce has had us playing...

     

    Johnson isn't as bad as some make out, with the right coaching he could still become a decent player.

     

    faye will br good for newcastle he is strong and wil him a rozhanl will be good

    an johnson will be got 2 he is young and much much better then carr i was buzzing when he got injure he is shit

  4. Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce admits he is still trying to sign Bolton's Abdoulaye Faye, while Chelsea's Glen Johnson is another Magpies target.

     

    Allardyce is hoping to make two further additions to his squad before Friday's transfer deadline.

     

    He has been linked with England right-back Johnson, 23, who spent last season on loan at Portsmouth and could surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge.

     

    However, the Toon boss is first hoping to clinch a £2million swoop for Faye within the next 24 hours.

     

    Asked about Faye, Allardyce said: "I hope maybe it will be finalised within the next 24 hours, but I am not so sure.

     

    "Because it has gone on so long, I really just don't know where it lies at the moment.

     

    "We are pursuing two targets at this particular moment and outside of that, if they do not work, there are another couple that we can move to very quickly.

     

    "Hopefully, at least one player will arrive by Friday, and hopefully two

  5. FA chiefs probe Mido abuse

    FA chiefs have confirmed they will be looking into possible racial abuse directed at Middlesbrough's Mido during Sunday's Tees-Tyne derby.

     

    Newcastle fans subjected the Egyptian to a torrent of abuse during the 2-2 draw, and it is now claimed that some chants were Islamophobic.

     

    "We will certainly be looking into it," an FA spokesman told the Guardian.

     

    Both Mido and Gareth Southgate have reacted angrily to referee Mike Dean's decision to book the striker after he celebrated in front of the visiting fans after he scored.

     

    "I find it strange that 3,000 people can abuse one person and nothing is done," said Southgate. "On the other hand when the boot is on the other foot, it gets him into trouble.

     

    "In terms of civil liberties I find that strange. We had to calm Mido down at the end of the first half."

     

    Mido was also at a loss to understand his yellow card.

     

    "I was very frustrated when the referee gave me a booking," he said. "I don't think I deserved a yellow card but that is football, I suppose, and you have to get on with it.

     

    "I don't understand why I was booked, though. I'm told it was for security reasons but I don't see how that is possible. I don't see why what I did affected the security of the fans. I just put my finger to my mouth to say 'quiet'."

     

    Mido himself admitted he was angered by the chants, saying "I heard it; it was clear and I could understand what they were saying.

     

    "I'm used to it from opposition fans but I just think this was ridiculous.

     

    "I don't know why they do it. I just think they were maybe taking the p*** and maybe some of them were drunk or something, I just don't know. It made me want to score goals. I was very delighted to score once and wanted another."

  6. GARETH SOUTHGATE blasted the Toon boo-boys after Mido was subjected to sick terrorist taunts.

    Boro’s new Egyptian striker was abused with chants of ‘Mido, he’s got a bomb you know’, after scoring his second goal for the club

     

    He immediately gestured for the Geordies to ‘Shut it’ as he celebrated his 29th-minute finish — and was promptly booked by referee Mike Dean.

     

    Boss Southgate fumed: “It’s OK for 3,000 to abuse one person. But when the boot is on the other foot, he gets punished.

     

    “In terms of civil liberties, I find that very strange. After scoring the goal, we had to calm him down a bit

     

    Mido, on the end of similar chants while playing for Tottenham, cancelled out Charles N’Zogbia’s 20-yard Newcastle opener.

     

    The taunts cast a cloud over an otherwise stonking North-East derby, which saw Boro grab a point thanks to a late Julio Arca strike.

     

    Southgate added: “I was delighted with the quality we showed, especially because a few of our players didn’t have the right to be on the pitch. Jonathan Woodgate was struggling yesterday with a migraine and Luke Young has hardly had a pre-season.

     

    "I had no intention of playing Jonathan. But once Chris Riggott and Andrew Davies were ruled out, I had no choice.”

    Toon boss Sam Allardyce was pleased with the overall show but upset at conceding twice.

     

    He said: “It was a terrific performance but the way we let the goals in was out of order. We didn’t defend either of their goals very well.

     

    “Mike Ashley certainly seemed to enjoy himself. He wants to move things forward, though not as quickly as I would like.”

     

    Boro supremo Steve Gibson reckons his club are well shot of Mark Viduka, who hit the visitors’ second goal after 77 minutes.

     

    Viduka claimed his drawn-out switch to St James’ Park was prompted by Gibson’s failure to hand him a new contract soon enough.

     

    But Gibson hit back: “That’s not true. I was told very early it was about money and Mark would go to the highest bidder.”

  7. Newcastle United striker Albert Luque has confirmed his intention to join Ajax.

     

     

    The Spaniard has struggled to make an impact during two years at St James' Park and has missed the start of the season through injury.

     

    He has long been linked with an exit as Newcastle look to recoup part of their £9.5million outlay on Luque.

     

    The former Deportivo La Coruna attacker had admitted an interest in joining Real Betis, while he has also been courted by Feyenoord and PSV Eindhoven.

     

    But Luque has now opted to join Ajax after acknowledging he had received an offer to link up with Betis.

     

    "I will move to Ajax," Luque told Radio Sevilla.

     

    "I want to thank Betis for their interest, but I will move to Ajax."

  8. Speaking to the Chronicle on Saturday, Newcastle Chairman Chris Mort revealed that owner Mike Ashley had made a sizeable step to reducethe club's debt burden - and also confirmed the figure that Dyer was sold for:

     

    “We’ve been looking to reduce debt levels ever since we took over. Mike put in £30m this week to bring the debt levels down, which is a great thing for the club.

     

    “The debt is partly due to money already being spent, which you would expect to earn as future income.

     

    “It can be replaced, but it’s obviously money we’d rather be spending on players, rather than sorting out the club’s finances generally.

     

    “There is still some debt left, but it’s been brought down to a much more manageable level.

     

    Then of course you have the Kieron Dyer deal going through this week, for which we got £7m (whether that figure includes the sell-on clause fee due to Ipswich is unclear). I’m pleased for Kieron that he could get the move he’s been after.

     

    “It doesn’t quite work that the money from the Dyer transfer gets put straight back into buying players.

     

    “We would be doing transfer deals anyway regardless of this. We’ll continue to invest in the club.

     

    “We’re still looking for one or two more additions, and that was the case whether Kieron was going or not.

     

    “If you look at the squad, we’re incredibly strong up front and in midfield, but we might add more depth at the back. We’ve put together a strong defence over the summer, so I’m not worried. But it would help to have a bit more depth.

     

    “We’re expecting a crowd of more than 50,000 and I think there’ll be a fabulous atmosphere.

     

    “I’m hoping the crowd will be as noisy as possible. We want the fans to get behind the team.

     

    “At Bolton we had such fantastic support. It really makes such a difference to the team. They have the ability to help us get the right result.

     

    “And that was a relatively smaller group of supporters, I cannot imagine what it will be like with a full house at St James’ Park.

     

    “We’re keen for people to get to the ground a bit earlier than normal because we have a new turnstile system in place.

     

    “It’s not that there are any problems with the system, it’s been tried and tested, but it will be slightly different for the supporters and something they need to get used to. We don’t want them to miss any of the match.

     

    “I’ve been to a meeting of the Premier League chairmen this week and I got a good welcome from the others. It was an open opportunity to have some in-depth talks.”

  9. Newcastle's bid for Deco has been Accepted by the Spanish club as "Good Offer".

    The Portugues £20m-rated player. Has Signed 5 year Deal with the toon

     

    The player watched his new side beat bolton

     

    Deco Told Nufc Official website: "I would like to thank the team for all there support it was a good offer.

     

    "Newcastle is fantastic place to play and i am very delighted to play infront of the fans Mr Sam

     

    told me about his plans they have good player like obafemi martins luque owen and smith so i am

    Realy happy" .

     

    Deco' agent Geronimo Suarez Said: "It was a complicated moment as both clubs are determined to close the deal and we are getting close Last T. But now he has signed its a fantastic news he is realy happy he wants to play english football "

     

    Deco has made no secret of his desire to leave Barcelona and, though Real Madrid were also interested,

  10. Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce is backing striker Mark Viduka to end St James' Park's worst goalscoring drought in over half a century

     

    Allardyce can expect to get a huge ovation from the fans ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash with Aston Villa but knows the reception could quickly turn sour if the goals do not arrive.

     

    Michael Owen will return to the squad after a hamstring strain but Allardyce is likely to stick with Viduka and Obafemi Martins, who secured the Magpies' 3-1 win at Bolton on the opening day.

     

    Allardyce said: "Mark has got all the qualities we are looking for and he can score double figures in goal terms.

     

    "If he can reach the same level over this season I will be delighted.

     

    "His experience in the Premier League is what makes him so valuable for us.

     

    "He also has so much talent to go with that experience. He is a consistent centre forward who can breach the tightest defences."

  11. MARK VIDUKA finally gets his wish by playing at St James’ Park in a black-and-white shirt tonight – and he means to make the most of it.

     

    He played a full part in United’s victory on his debut for the club at Bolton last Saturday but admits he was disappointed he did not mark it with a goal.

     

    Now he goes in against Villa tonight on 149 club goals with Celtic, Leeds United and Middlesbrough since he left Dynamo Zagreb in 1998.

     

    And he would love to make it a round 150 on his home debut – before he heads back to Teesside with United a week tomorrow.

     

    If Middlesbrough fans had one complaint against the 31-year-old Aussie international striker in his three years at The Riverside Stadium, it was that on some occasions he seemed to find it hard to motivate himself.

     

    But who could blame him with so many empty seats – something he will not experience now he has joined United.

     

    And after quickly building up a rapport with the travelling Toon Army last week, Viduka admits: “I cannot wait to get out there tonight in front of those supporters.

     

    “Our fans were magnificent at Bolton last week and I make no apologies for acknowledging them when they chanted my name.

     

    “In fact, I must say that everyone is buzzing after last week’s win and I am hoping this has set the tempo for the rest of the season.

     

    “But it won’t be easy for us tonight. I know as much as anyone what Aston Villa boss Martin O’Neill achieved at Celtic, especially as we share the same agent and I will be up against my old Parkhead colleague Stilian Petrov tonight.”

     

    Viduka has had such an unusual build-up to the season with his involvement with Australia in the Asia Cup to such an extent that the striker and his manager are not sure what to do in the two-week international break next month.

     

    Big Sam has Viduka pencilled in for a rest and holiday – but his signing isn’t so sure.

     

    He added: “I’m new here and I might stick around and get used to the place and the rest of the players.”

     

    Viduka is equally unsure about his international future, saying: “I am still deciding what I am going to do. I do love playing for my country, but it is taking its toll, both physically and mentally.”

     

    Allardyce said of Viduka: “Mark has got all the qualities we are looking for and he can score double figures in goal terms.

     

    “If he can reach the same level this season I will be delighted.

     

    “His experience in the Premier League is what makes him so valuable for us.

     

    “He is a consistent centre forward who can breach the tightest defences.”

  12. OBAFEMI MARTINS has opened talks with Newcastle about a new long-term contract and told them: “I will stay here as long as you want me.”

     

    Toon hero Martins, two-goal hero on the opening day of the season in the 3-1 win at Bolton, is ready to sign a six-year deal with the club to show his commitment.

     

    The Nigerian star was bought for £10million from Inter last summer and still has four years of his present contract to run.

     

    But he wants to scotch any future transfer talk — after being linked with Arsenal and Chelsea — by sorting out new terms and removing the controversial £13m buy-out clause in his current agreement.

     

    Martins, 22, said: “I love it at Newcastle under Sam Allardyce. I admit I wasn’t totally happy last season and heard about Arsenal being interested.

     

    “It is nice when other teams want you but I only want to play for Newcastle now. I’m looking forward to renewing my contract with the club.

     

    “There are issues and problems with the present one which need sorting out.

     

    "We have started talking and I’ve told them how much I want to stay. They know I’m happy to be at Newcastle.

     

    “I will sign for five years, six years or for as long as they want me.

     

    “I never asked for the £13m buy-out to be put in my deal, it was my previous agent, so we’ll talk about taking that out.

     

    “I’m not going anywhere. I’m buying a house and Newcastle is a great city. I enjoy working with the manager and every day there is something new in training.”

     

    Martins’ advisor Chris Nathaniel said: “We have proposed some improvements to the contract and Newcastle are coming back to us with their ideas.

     

    "They know Oba will stay as long as they want him.”

     

     

    Good News init

×
×
  • Create New...