Little To Shout About...

Deano

Watching the match yesterday just really apitamised the way things are going for us at the moment.

Fair enough we didnt deserve to win, nor did we deserve to lose and to be cheated out of a perfectly fine goal really was just another kick in the balls.

We made Wigan look good, in fairness there not a bad side but when our own manager opts to play Amdy Faye in the middle instead of Lee Clark you just cant see us moving forward.

Then when arguably our best performer (Bowyer) in the first half gets injured, souness still doesnt put on clarky and puts on Ameobi :yes i really dont understand this one!

Lee Clark would have done a better job on the right maintaining a little width we had in bowyer, ameobi looked like a floundering deer who'd lost his mother. He really is poor, his anticipation, movement off the ball and general awareness of his teamates where abouts is pitifull.

Again im being negative but there really isnt much to be positive about barring the exception of young Charlie and Emre.

Elliott is well out of his depth, he should be running out in a championship side but even with a fit babayaro we still dont have a decent left back...bring back bernard!!

We need changes not only to the squad but in our whole gameplan our whole team spirit, souness still bamboozles people with his questionable side selections and tactics and still are threadbare with no real quality in reserve.

After saying all that if we take a step back were not that far off a top four side again once we have a fully fit squad.

We need to look for a strong centre half but is not essential, i do believe boumsong will get stronger. But we really really need to be looking for a left back...Konchesky, Barry or even Bridge before we even look abroad.

We need another striker to partner owen next season although i get the feeling luque will be pushed up front with charlie n'zogbia looking very promising down the left.

We really arent that far away, just a little more positivity from the backroom staff in there match preparation and in his tactics we will turn the corner.

Souness is on borrowed time and has only till the end of january to turn things around, lets hope this is the team to do so...

Given

Carr*

Boumsong*

Taylor

Babayaro**

Nobby

Parker

Emre

N'Zogbia

Owen

Shearer/Luque**

** Needs Strengthening

Whilst ironically i thought Faye had a reasonable game, the fact Souness started him ahead of Clark tells you many things about the manager and that he then put an out of form striker into midfield ahead of an in form midfielder tells you even more!

Whilst ironically i thought Faye had a reasonable game, the fact Souness started him ahead of Clark tells you many things about the manager and that he then put an out of form striker into midfield ahead of an in form midfielder tells you even more!

46526[/snapback]

How sad the we are discussing either of the two players abov, who simply should not be even considered good enough to play for Newcastle United. Where are our up and coming youngsters?