Hughton with Guthrie Dilema

Deano

I just edited it Dan, I agree with you. Like I said, he wasn't to blame for last year in any way which is all I was taking issue with. It's an area we desperately need to strengthen for next year imo given the lack of legs the likes of Nolan and Smith have at that level. And because those positions don't come cheap I'd worry about us next season there because Ashley won't spend much imo.

I just edited it Dan, I agree with you. Like I said, he wasn't to blame for last year in any way which is all I was taking issue with. It's an area we desperately need to strengthen for next year imo given the lack of legs the likes of Nolan and Smith have at that level. And because those positions don't come cheap I'd worry about us next season there because Ashley won't spend much imo.

Agreed. Would you let Smith and Nolan go?

How much were we apparently going to pay for that Mbia? He looked a decent DM.

If they were replaced, aye. I.e. 2 out 3 in. Can't see anyone matching their wages though (especially Smith).

If they were replaced, aye. I.e. 2 out 3 in. Can't see anyone matching their wages though (especially Smith).

Personally id only let Nolan go...Smith seems to have more legs than him and despite what others have said i do think he can do a job for us in the PL but obviously if someone is willing to take him off our hands and we have a quality replacement lined up then id not lose any sleep if he left.

Personally id only let Nolan go...Smith seems to have more legs than him and despite what others have said i do think he can do a job for us in the PL but obviously if someone is willing to take him off our hands and we have a quality replacement lined up then id not lose any sleep if he left.

You could've said that about Arthur Askey tbh.

It's no dilemma. As long as he's fit, he should play in the middle and I'd rotate between Smith and Nolan alongside him as required. Routledge plays RW if he's fit and either Pancake or Raylor if he's not.

imo, there no place for Guthrie in the team if CH plays Nolan/Smith in the centre as Routledge/Pancake/Raylor offer more on the right than he does - like actually playing on the right! I'd much rather we dropped Smith/Nolan to accommodate him though as Guthrie offers far more to our attacking play than Smith/Nolan put together!

Nolan frustrates me as he can be anon for most of a game, but he does chip in with goals, so it's difficult to rule him out. Smith offers more strength in the middle but doesn't offer the goals.

On the subject of selling, I'd keep Nolan over Smith but in reality; Nolan is a far more saleable asset given his goals this season.