Viduka

Tooj

I can't see Smith getting a game once Barton is back, he's not versatile or quick enough to play on the flanks in a front 3. Starting to think he was a bit of a waste of money, could have used the 6 mill towards a proper creative, attacking midfielder.

too right, the fool needs to stay on his bleeding feet also, it's not fecking rugby...

I can't see Smith getting a game once Barton is back, he's not versatile or quick enough to play on the flanks in a front 3. Starting to think he was a bit of a waste of money, could have used the 6 mill towards a proper creative, attacking midfielder.

agreed. he's a good squad player but not exactly what we needed for £6m

Edited by Dr Gloom

Probably because Viduka is wasted in a 4-3-3. He is too isolated to link up with anyone.

agreed. he doesn't really have the pace to play in a modern 4-3-3 where the front man is expected to do a lot of running for the team. he needs someone playing off him. but do you sacrifice the new defensive solidarity we've seen under big sam for more attacking football? i think at home you have to.

Are you suggesting we build the team around him? :icon_lol:

no. he should be rotated with the other strikers. he's been pretty shit so far for us.

owen on the other hand should probably start every game when fit, up front in a 4-4-2, not a 4-3-3 where he is wasted. :rolleyes:

Probably because Viduka is wasted in a 4-3-3. He is too isolated to link up with anyone.

agreed. he doesn't really have the pace to play in a modern 4-3-3 where the front man is expected to do a lot of running for the team. he needs someone playing off him. but do you sacrifice the new defensive solidarity we've seen under big sam for more attacking football? i think at home you have to.

Are you suggesting we build the team around him? :icon_lol:

no. he should be rotated with the other strikers. he's been pretty shit so far for us.

owen on the other hand should probably start every game when fit, up front in a 4-4-2, not a 4-3-3 where he is wasted. :D

That's what I said, isn't it? :rolleyes: