AQA

Southern Geordie

My pedant's take on the question would be that it doesn't specify the bit about "the same size and everything", so I'd give them the easy answer. You're probably right though. Which is why I most certainly wouldn't get the gig either. :icon_lol:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear 3Bitbob,

Thank you for your email and for taking the trouble to contact the AQA 63336 feedback address. All customer feedback is highly valued and is used to help improve the AQA service, where appropriate.

I have looked up the details of your question and am very sorry to have to agree that the answer you received was completely inadequate. I have given feedback to the researcher concerned.

Under the circumstances I would be happy to offer a refund for your text. Unfortunately, the service providers do not have a mechanism for third parties to refund your mobile phone account directly, so the quickest and easiest way to refund you is by sending you the cash. Alternatively, I can offer you a free copy of the AQA book Any Question Answered (RRP £5.99, details available on Amazon) as a small compensation for your disappointment. Please let me know which you would prefer and where you would like it sent.

Once again, I apologise for the poor answer you received and look forward to hearing from you regarding your refund.

Kind regards,

Chantel Sankey

SENIOR RESEARCHER

AQA 63336

Back of the net!

What was the answer you got then?

Most of them were just Googling, there were a few tricky ones that were either incomplete, needed calculation or a big explanation. Seeing that they use different questions, I might re-apply. Was Rowina Said your point of contact or did you have someone else?

Think her name was Romany (if thats what you mean). May reapply seeing as I've got nothing to do but I thought I answered the questions pretty well. Though for the question: I had a dream about cutting off my hair - what does this mean?

I answered: To dream that you are cutting off your hair, suggests that you are experiencing a loss in strength. You may be eliminating unwanted thoughts or habits.

Surely that is a perfect answer?

It might be that they see that as an agony aunt type question and want you to be optimistic. Also, I don't really understand the last sentence. Because dream meanings (did you get your answer from dreammoods.com?) can be seen as a load of tosh they might have been expecting a more fun answer telling them to go for a crazy hairstyle or something? Or maybe your answer was perfect and all the rest of yours were complete rubbish.

Yeah, but due to their high volume of application they can't tell me what I did wrong. I answered the question "When will I meet my soul mate" with "Nobody can tell exactly when they will meet their soul mate. However, if you keep your eyes open, you are likely to meet them sooner rather than later." Not sure about the grammar there but thought it was a decent enough answer - very AQA like!

I think you put that earleir in the thread, didn't you? It definitely reads like what I would expect. I'm quite tempted to get another application form and then text all my questions to AQA. If they refuse me after using their own answers I'd be gutted. I think the initial cost would soon be covered by wages.

Most of them were just Googling, there were a few tricky ones that were either incomplete, needed calculation or a big explanation. Seeing that they use different questions, I might re-apply. Was Rowina Said your point of contact or did you have someone else?

Think her name was Romany (if thats what you mean). May reapply seeing as I've got nothing to do but I thought I answered the questions pretty well. Though for the question: I had a dream about cutting off my hair - what does this mean?

I answered: To dream that you are cutting off your hair, suggests that you are experiencing a loss in strength. You may be eliminating unwanted thoughts or habits.

I'm thinking if you called a bird called Rowina 'Romany' then you might have got off to a bad start :icon_lol:

Although, thinking about it, if it was the same size (and therefore a different weight), it presumably wouldn't have settled into the same orbit around the earth and hence wouldn't be our moon in the first place, so.... aargh. : :icon_lol:

My pedant's take on the question would be that it doesn't specify the bit about "the same size and everything", so I'd give them the easy answer. You're probably right though. Which is why I most certainly wouldn't get the gig either. :icon_lol:

In the application form it tells you to make assumptions if the question is incomplete, so I guess you could assume that the moon was the size of a chocolate bar in this instance.

I would love to meet a real AQAer.

Although, thinking about it, if it was the same size (and therefore a different weight), it presumably wouldn't have settled into the same orbit around the earth and hence wouldn't be our moon in the first place, so.... aargh. : :icon_lol:

THAT'S THE ANSWER!

It might be that they see that as an agony aunt type question and want you to be optimistic. Also, I don't really understand the last sentence. Because dream meanings (did you get your answer from dreammoods.com?) can be seen as a load of tosh they might have been expecting a more fun answer telling them to go for a crazy hairstyle or something? Or maybe your answer was perfect and all the rest of yours were complete rubbish.

Yeah, but due to their high volume of application they can't tell me what I did wrong. I answered the question "When will I meet my soul mate" with "Nobody can tell exactly when they will meet their soul mate. However, if you keep your eyes open, you are likely to meet them sooner rather than later." Not sure about the grammar there but thought it was a decent enough answer - very AQA like!

I think you put that earleir in the thread, didn't you? It definitely reads like what I would expect. I'm quite tempted to get another application form and then text all my questions to AQA. If they refuse me after using their own answers I'd be gutted. I think the initial cost would soon be covered by wages.

Unless you get 'What is a baby hedgehog called?' :icon_lol:

Dear 3Bitbob,

Thank you for your email and for taking the trouble to contact the AQA 63336 feedback address. All customer feedback is highly valued and is used to help improve the AQA service, where appropriate.

I have looked up the details of your question and am very sorry to have to agree that the answer you received was completely inadequate. I have given feedback to the researcher concerned.

Under the circumstances I would be happy to offer a refund for your text. Unfortunately, the service providers do not have a mechanism for third parties to refund your mobile phone account directly, so the quickest and easiest way to refund you is by sending you the cash. Alternatively, I can offer you a free copy of the AQA book Any Question Answered (RRP £5.99, details available on Amazon) as a small compensation for your disappointment. Please let me know which you would prefer and where you would like it sent.

Once again, I apologise for the poor answer you received and look forward to hearing from you regarding your refund.

Kind regards,

Chantel Sankey

SENIOR RESEARCHER

AQA 63336

Back of the net!

“A baby hedgehog is sometimes called a ‘pup’ or ‘piglet’. Most books about mammals just call them ‘baby’ or ‘young hedgehogs’.

Dear 3Bitbob,

Kind regards,

Chantel Sankey

SENIOR RESEARCHER

AQA 63336

Back of the net!

“A baby hedgehog is sometimes called a ‘pup’ or ‘piglet’. Most books about mammals just call them ‘baby’ or ‘young hedgehogs’.

Piglet? Kin el :icon_lol:

Are those guys thick? If you type "baby hedgehog" into google the first result you get is a link to the answer I gave you. Makes you wonder where they get these people from!

Not Toontastic by the looks of it. :icon_lol:

Dear 3Bitbob,

Kind regards,

Chantel Sankey

SENIOR RESEARCHER

AQA 63336

Back of the net!

Dear Oliver,

Kind regards,

Chantel Sankey

SENIOR RESEARCHER

Any Question Answered

Wahey!

Dear 3Bitbob,

Kind regards,

Chantel Sankey

SENIOR RESEARCHER

AQA 63336

Back of the net!

Dear Oliver,

Kind regards,

Chantel Sankey

SENIOR RESEARCHER

Any Question Answered

Wahey!

What did you text? Baby hedgehogs again?

Dear 3Bitbob,

Kind regards,

Chantel Sankey

SENIOR RESEARCHER

AQA 63336

Back of the net!

Dear Oliver,

Kind regards,

Chantel Sankey

SENIOR RESEARCHER

Any Question Answered

Wahey!

No, I posted it a couple of pages back. I wanted to know how long 30 feet was in metres, they told me it was more than 98 metres.

What is a baby hedgehog called?

Dear 3Bitbob,

Kind regards,

Chantel Sankey

SENIOR RESEARCHER

AQA 63336

Back of the net!

Dear Oliver,

Kind regards,

Chantel Sankey

SENIOR RESEARCHER

Any Question Answered

Wahey!

No, I posted it a couple of pages back. I wanted to know how long 30 feet was in metres, they told me it was more than 98 metres.

What is a baby hedgehog called?

Brian.