Owen expected to miss England Friendlies

Guest alex

I heard he got fucked by one of his horses. Out for at least 9 months tbh

Desperate attempt to genetically infuse pace back into his game using horseslime in the Arshavin.

Virus...

Michael Owen is likely to miss England's upcoming friendlies with the United States and Trinidad & Tobago due to a virus.

The Football Association has confirmed that the Newcastle United striker has not linked up with the squad for the two end-of-season games.

Owen was among 31 players called up for the double-header by Fabio Capello earlier this month, but is now expected to sit out the matches.

With several strikers already in the squad, England coach Capello has not yet called up a replacement for Owen.

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Jermaine Jenas has also been sent home from the squad due to an ankle injury.

Capello is yet to have the full squad at his disposal, with the nine players who featured in Wednesday's UEFA Champions League final between Manchester United and Chelsea due to report on Saturday.

Former England captain David Beckham will join up with the squad on Sunday, a day after playing for Los Angeles Galaxy in the MLS.

England play the USA next Wednesday at Wembley before travelling to the Caribbean to tackle Trinidad & Tobago on Sunday 1st June.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3600848,00.html

Meeting with clubs around Europe if you ask me.

Guest alex
:icon_lol: Fuck me, he can't win, can he? First he helps keep us up and now after constantly being accused of favouring country over club, when he does pull out of England games there has to be some cloak-and-dagger reason that will see him leave Newcastle. Unless you're joking, that is.

:icon_lol: Fuck me, he can't win, can he? First he helps keep us up and now after constantly being accused of favouring country over club, when he does pull out of England games there has to be some cloak-and-dagger reason that will see him leave Newcastle. Unless you're joking, that is.

Check your sig mate. :crylaughin:

Guest alex

Check your sig mate. :crylaughin:

I was about to post it, then I thought: I better add a caveat, just in case :lol:

Edited by alex

:crylaughin:

I wouldn't be fussed if he played in them mind. I know what you mean with his history of getting crocked and that, but he probably doesn't really need an extended summer off as much as most other players given his lack of games over the last 2 or 3 years.

Guest alex

:lol:

I wouldn't be fussed if he played in them mind. I know what you mean with his history of getting crocked and that, but he probably doesn't really need an extended summer off as much as most other players given his lack of games over the last 2 or 3 years.

Aye, you got me there tbf :crylaughin: I think I'm just so used to people slagging him off. Not you though, tbf.