Outlook Templates

Happy Face

Why do half the templates I save as .oft files open up in the same pristine HTML I saved them as, but the other half open as shitty Plain Text, having created them as HTML in exactly the same way?

crock of shit.

And don't say dump Office 2007 please, can't do it at work, however much I might like to.

you using any css in it? it's probably fussy about it if you are

Googled it but not sure what CSS describes, you saying I should avoid indenting, bold, italics and certain fonts or summat?

As Ant says, you should avoid using css and use inline styles and code in 1945 era html - no paragraph tags, just br tags, use tables instead of divs and use style="blah blah;" within the tags instead of putting css in style tags in the head of the document. And for crappy outlook you are best completely avoiding background images - they just won't work properly or at all on most versions.

That said, using css shouldn't make an email open in plain text format...it should just make some of the styling balls up. This would have more to do with the deployment of the email where it sets the headers and sets the html version and plain text alternative.