BA sell out of regional services to BMI

Rob W

British Airways has announced that it has reached agreement in principle to sell the regional operation of its subsidiary airline BA Connect to Flybe.

BA Connect also operates from London City Airport and between Manchester and New York. These services will not form part of the proposed sale nor will the regional ground handling business, British Airways Regional Ltd.

Willie Walsh, British Airways chief executive said: “Point to point regional operations are not a strategic part of our business and we believe that such activities are better undertaken by a regional low cost airline.

“Despite the best efforts of the entire team at BA Connect, we do not see any prospect of profitability in its current form.

“The proposed sale to Flybe provides the best opportunity to secure the long-term future for the many dedicated staff in BA Connect. British Airways will have a 15 percent investment in Flybe on completion of the disposal.

“London City services complement our mainline business at Heathrow. For this reason they are not included in the proposed sale.”

It is envisaged that once the sale of the regional business of BA Connect to Flybe is completed, there will be a transition period until the start of the summer schedule on 25 March, 2007 while the handover of responsibilities is undertaken.

BA profits down today I see.

I can't see things getting much better for them tbh. Until they start employing cheaper staff. Oh, they're already doing that.

When I was last flying BA, after going through the last search of my hand luggage, prior to boarding the aircraft (following two previous security checks - both with x-ray machines) the cheeky bastard checking my bag had the nerve to look at my boarding pass and thanked me using my christian name! 'That's Mr *******, to you' I replied. Cheeky fucker. :)

Always used to have a problem with BA and their troupe of hard-faced orange bitches masquerading as cabin crew, but I've had cause to fly with them a few times recently and have been pleasantly surprised. In fact, I'll be using them tomorrow morning. They'll probably slop hot coffee all over me now I've sung their praises.

Always used to have a problem with BA and their troupe of hard-faced orange bitches masquerading as cabin crew, but I've had cause to fly with them a few times recently and have been pleasantly surprised. In fact, I'll be using them tomorrow morning. They'll probably slop hot coffee all over me now I've sung their praises.

I've been 'approached' twice by BA stewards over the years :) Both declined, I must admit - though it's always nice to be asked :D

Must be my good looks and cute ass, I reckon :(:o

I've been 'approached' twice by BA stewards over the years :) Both declined, I must admit - though it's always nice to be asked :D

Must be my good looks and cute ass, I reckon :(:o

And camp demeanour.

I've been 'approached' twice by BA stewards over the years :) Both declined, I must admit - though it's always nice to be asked ;)

Must be my good looks and cute ass, I reckon :(:angry:

And camp demeanour.

:dancing::icon_lol::o:angry: As Cath says: I'll see you tomorrow! :D

I've been 'approached' twice by BA stewards over the years :( Both declined, I must admit - though it's always nice to be asked :angry:

Must be my good looks and cute ass, I reckon :o:dancing:

Good grief. :D

There was a young Germanwings steward called Bastian who used to, erm, service me frequently when I did Hamburg-London on a regular basis last year. Flirty swine, but we never got as far as the mile-high club. ;)

Mind, you get some rough old queens on some routes, picking up passengers for a quick post-flight fumble is probably about all they can get these days... :)

Guest Patrokles

I usually fly American, and you get a strange mixture on there. Some genuinely nice guys/girls, but some real fucking military-style hard faced joyless types who throw very restrained hissy fits.

I've been 'approached' twice by BA stewards over the years :) Both declined, I must admit - though it's always nice to be asked ;)

And camp demeanour.

Is that a come on?

Guest Patrokles

And camp demeanour.

Is that a come on?

He wants to ask about the colour of your micturition.

And camp demeanour.

Is that a come on?

He wants to ask about the colour of your micturition.

He can piss off like.

(Jesus wept - in advance).

BA profits down today I see.

I can't see things getting much better for them tbh. Until they start employing cheaper staff. Oh, they're already doing that.

When I was last flying BA, after going through the last search of my hand luggage, prior to boarding the aircraft (following two previous security checks - both with x-ray machines) the cheeky bastard checking my bag had the nerve to look at my boarding pass and thanked me using my christian name! 'That's Mr *******, to you' I replied. Cheeky fucker. :)

grossly overstaffed bunch of shits IMHO

so many employees and their relatives on the plane you can't get a ticket

I gues they'll turn into a pure longhaul business calss airline - that way they don't have to touch the common herd