What's Shepherd Done Right & Wrong?

Happy Face

Threatened to punch Brian Barwick in the nose. ;)

Edit - was it Barwick? Whoever that LMA man is.

The way he went about it was embarassing as is the norm with Fat Fred, but the sentiment was correct and Barwick needed a slap...as does Shepherd!

The way he went about it was embarassing as is the norm with Fat Fred, but the sentiment was correct and Barwick needed a slap...as does Shepherd!

Aye - I was referring to it being a bad thing, utterly embarassing.

Anyone think that after all that hoo-har that the LMA might have had a point?! Roeder probably failed the Pro Licence, the LMA were just trying to do us a favour. <_<

Aye - I was referring to it being a bad thing, utterly embarassing.

Anyone think that after all that hoo-har that the LMA might have had a point?! Roeder probably failed the Pro Licence, the LMA were just trying to do us a favour. <_<

Perhaps. I would imagine that one of the reasons for having the pro license requirement is to stop clubs appointing 'cowboy' managers on the cheap (*cough* Roeder!) and short changing the fans of a decent boss.

I think you can wipe 'appoint Bobby Robson' off the list as Bobby'd have signed for any NUFC chairman just to be manager of the club he supported. Hardly a masterstroke on Shepherd's part.

Douglas Hall and his fellow board member sister Alison seem to get off very lighty in all of this. At least Shepherd does something other than sit on his backside in Gibralter for his wages and dividends which is more than can be said for them. I am not saying he doesn't deserve the stick but surely they deserve even more?

Douglas Hall and his fellow board member sister Alison seem to get off very lighty in all of this. At least Shepherd does something other than sit on his backside in Gibralter for his wages and dividends which is more than can be said for them. I am not saying he doesn't deserve the stick but surely they deserve even more?

Irrelevant beyond the fact that it goes to prove what sort of a ship Freddy runs. All roads lead to Rome (via Gibraltar) tbh.

It was John Barnwell, Barwick is chief of the FA.

And the Woodgate sale is in the Pros and Cons column??

The fact that he made the decision to sell, not the manager, is a con.

The fact the sale was a good bit of business is a pro.

The sale of Woodgate in regards to his injury nightmare was neither pro or con; there was no way Portly Freddie would know that Woodgate would be out for most of the next season. The only reason he was sold was ££££££££ - nothing else.

The sale of Woodgate in regards to his injury nightmare was neither pro or con; there was no way Portly Freddie would know that Woodgate would be out for most of the next season. The only reason he was sold was ££££££££ - nothing else.

I blame him for spending £17M on an injury prone striker, so it's only fair that I credit him with offloading one for a fanciful sum.