DivX DVD Player

Gemmill

Reet, I've now got a DVD player that plays DivX files. But how do I record things on a DVD as DivX files? They download as avi so what do I do from there? Help please.

You dorty bugger! :lol:

Have you tried burning and playing them?

Simply burn the avi file(s) onto a CD/DVD as data files. If they play all jerky and shit though your player doesn't handle packed bitstreams and you need to alter them before you burn.

To fix this, you need mpeg4modifier: http://www.moitah.net/download/latest/MPEG4Modifier.zip

Load the executable, load the avi file, tick the box by 'unpack' and save the file somewhere. Then burn the new file.

Hopefully your player won't require you to do this, but plenty do.

One of the best purchases I've made in years that, a DVD/DivX player. Plus they are pretty cheap these days.

Plus most of them play almost everything... must have the same kind of software as VLC in them.

I've never had a problem with xvid on them Rikko, and it's used much more than DivX anyway. Agree on the audio though, some just aren't supported.

Me neither, the only thing I've had hassle with is soft subs. Often they're positioned too high on the screen and, if they're too long, sometimes I'm left with remnants of the words on the screen for a while, which is really annoying.

It might be possible to find a firmware upgrade to make an old one play x-vids and all.