O'Connor planning for Moscow exit

khay

Scotland striker Garry O'Connor is aiming to end his spell at Lokomotiv Moscow and try his luck in England's top flight.

The 23-year-old moved from Hibernian in March but his family have struggled to settle in the Russian capital.

"I have decided to leave Lokomotiv, and a move is just a matter of time," O'Connor told Sport Express.

"I am hoping to continue my career in England and I have offers from a few Premier League clubs."

O'Connor, who cost Lokomotiv £1.6m, has made nine appearances for Scotland, scoring twice.

But his international future remains uncertain after his failure to show up for the last squad meeting ahead of the Euro 2008 qualifier in Ukraine.

"My agent will deal with all discussions regarding my move. Nevertheless, for the moment I am a Lokomotiv player and will continue to train with them to the best of my ability," added O'Connor.

"I will always have very fond memories of my time at Loko, but my wife categorically refuses to live in Russia, and I have to take her feelings into account."

From BBC.

Guest stevieintoon
Clearout continues at Palmerston

Barry John Corr has previously played for Celtic and Motherwell

Queen of the South have announced that more players will be leaving the club in the near future.

Scott McKenzie will depart in the upcoming transfer window in January, while goalkeeper Barry John Corr has been told he is free to leave the club.

Both players were signed by the club in August, with midfielder McKenzie making 13 appearances, while Corr, once of Celtic, has made eight starts.

Akso, on-loan Barry Callaghan will return to Dundee United next month.

Two more players will be leaving Queens shortly. Scott McKenzie will depart in January and Barry John Corr has been told that the club are looking for another keeper and he is free to leave.

As reported earlier, on-loan Barry Callaghan will be returning to Dundee United next month when his deal expires.

:lol: