World Best Ever Team

MattM4

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You assumed I'd dismissed them.

Because my argument of Muller v Shearer was ALL about the medals they had won. Not goal records at all.

You assumed I'd assumed that. I thought it was PART of your argument. Re: the dismissing of Di Stefano's medal winning achievements, was I really remiss in thinking "but there wasn't a lot of opposition to Real's dominance in the 50s" was doing that?

Edited by alex

Not backing your argument up again?

Oh dear :rolleyes:

;)

That last comment was just too daft to get started on tbf.

The thing is it's ultimately about opinion so you can't ever prove who's right or wrong.

Residually all you're ever left with in these sort of 'debates' is the chance to examine the arguments put forward-as I say, neither proves the case one way or the other but yours has been demonstrated to be logically inconsistent.

To be fair though that kind of stuff is my bread and butter.

You assumed I'd dismissed them.

Because my argument of Muller v Shearer was ALL about the medals they had won. Not goal records at all.

You assumed I'd assumed that. I thought it was PART of your argument. Re: the dismissing of Di Stefano's medal winning achievements, was I really remiss in thinking "but there wasn't a lot of opposition to Real's dominance in the 50s" was doing that?

The second part of the sentence was redundant if you accept the first part.

Sima basically just unable to steer a consistent course.

Di stefano was the complete footballer, great engine, technique, range of passing, shooting, heading and dribbling skills, good pace as well. I think I am right in saying that according to his coaches during his time at Real Madrid, they said that he was their second best player at everything but in terms of the team overall he was their best player.

i agree with brehme, and my top left back ever was the big haired left back during the 74 and 82 world cups,

was it breitner? can never remember, played for germany, munich and real madrid. great footballer.

Di stefano was the complete footballer, great engine, technique, range of passing, shooting, heading and dribbling skills, good pace as well. I think I am right in saying that according to his coaches during his time at Real Madrid, they said that he was their second best player at everything but in terms of the team overall he was their best player.

i agree with brehme, and my top left back ever was the big haired left back during the 74 and 82 world cups,

was it breitner? can never remember, played for germany, munich and real madrid. great footballer.

Paul Breitner I think, aye. Bit before my time (apart from '82).

Bloddy hell ;)

The life of this thread started pretty slowly, and I though it was just going to fade away. Log in today to see 5 pages worth.

Some names like Platini, Puskas, Gullit and Klinsmann I already had on the bench, just forgot to add to the first post.

Muller is probably a good shout to start up front.

Guest Patrokles

Bloddy hell ;)

The life of this thread started pretty slowly, and I though it was just going to fade away. Log in today to see 5 pages worth.

Some names like Platini, Puskas, Gullit and Klinsmann I already had on the bench, just forgot to add to the first post.

Muller is probably a good shout to start up front.

Ahem Ahem. :rolleyes:

Guest Patrokles

Ahem Ahem. ;)

Eusebio too actually, didn't have Di Stefano though :rolleyes:

Di Stefano is a glaring omission!

Especially in Pro Evo, where he is king.

Edited by Patrokles