Rozehnal targets top six

bawan

David Rozehnal believes Newcastle can show their 'true character' and still qualify for Europe this season.

The Magpies have endured a disappointing campaign and they currently sit 11th in the Premier League after suffering seven top flight defeats.

Newcastle's poor form has heaped pressure on manager Sam Allardyce, but Rozehnal does not believe that it has been all doom and gloom at St James' Park this season.

"I would not say that we are on a bad run," the Czech defender told Sport. "We are among the average.

"But of course, with the objective we set of finishing in the top six, we want to be higher. I would like to finish in the top six.

"The Premier League is a tough competition. We had a good start and then something changed and we played a couple of bad games."

And Rozehnal is targeting Newcastle's forthcoming games against champions Manchester United and Chelsea as the ideal place to improve results.

Newcastle travel to Chelsea on Saturday before playing United at Old Trafford on 12th January and Rozehnal is hoping for positive performances.

"We play Manchester United and Chelsea soon and that is where the true character of the team will be shown," added Rozehnal.

"We are not far from sixth place, it is still realistic and I hope we will get into Europe for next season."

If we don't get rid of fat sam and his stupid tactics soon, then this will only be a dream.

David Rozehnal believes Newcastle can show their 'true character' and still qualify for Europe this season.

The Magpies have endured a disappointing campaign and they currently sit 11th in the Premier League after suffering seven top flight defeats.

Newcastle's poor form has heaped pressure on manager Sam Allardyce, but Rozehnal does not believe that it has been all doom and gloom at St James' Park this season.

"I would not say that we are on a bad run," the Czech defender told Sport. "We are among the average.

"But of course, with the objective we set of finishing in the top six, we want to be higher. I would like to finish in the top six.

"The Premier League is a tough competition. We had a good start and then something changed and we played a couple of bad games."

And Rozehnal is targeting Newcastle's forthcoming games against champions Manchester United and Chelsea as the ideal place to improve results.

Newcastle travel to Chelsea on Saturday before playing United at Old Trafford on 12th January and Rozehnal is hoping for positive performances.

"We play Manchester United and Chelsea soon and that is where the true character of the team will be shown," added Rozehnal.

"We are not far from sixth place, it is still realistic and I hope we will get into Europe for next season."

If we don't get rid of fat sam and his stupid tactics soon, then this will only be a dream.

Being amongst the top six defenders at the club would be a start like.