How would you take the club forward ?

jaythesouthernmag

OK so how would you take the club forward if you were the new manager. Ashley will give you £20m to spend plus whatever you raise in sale fee`s. Who`s in and who`s out. What style of football would you demand, what would be your target this season and next season and how would you deal with the expectation levels of the fans?. Be realistic

This is what I would do

Outs...Emre £3m, Ameobi £1m, Martins £8m, Ramage 500k, Carr 500k, Barton, Rozenhal £3m, Owen swap for Bellamy.......£16m raised

In`s....Bentley £8m, Woodgate £7m, Arshavin £6m, Ashton/Huntelaar £8-9 m, Bellamy, Defoe £6m......£36m spent

I would play 4-4-2 with a holding midfielder and both full backs getting forward. I would play with wingers(on their prefered wings) and use a small man big man combo up top (Bellamy/Defoe with Ashton/Viduka). Arshavin would fill the creative role in midfield which we are crying out for

I would be aiming for a top 8 this year, tighten up the defence and look to play an attacking, exciting style of football.

Next season anything outside the top 6 would be a dissapointment, winning the Carling/FA cup would also be a priority