Rich countries launch great land grab.

Park Life

Rich governments and corporations are triggering alarm for the poor as they buy up the rights to millions of hectares of agricultural land in developing countries in an effort to secure their own long-term food supplies.

The head of the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation, Jacques Diouf, has warned that the controversial rise in land deals could create a form of "neo-colonialism", with poor states producing food for the rich at the expense of their own hungry people.

Rising food prices have already set off a second "scramble for Africa". This week, the South Korean firm Daewoo Logistics announced plans to buy a 99-year lease on a million hectares in Madagascar. Its aim is to grow 5m tonnes of corn a year by 2023, and produce palm oil from a further lease of 120,000 hectares (296,000 acres), relying on a largely South African workforce. Production would be mainly earmarked for South Korea, which wants to lessen dependence on imports."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008...fuels-land-grab

What's all this about? :lol:

Fuck knows. I've been watching a lot of videos about the Federal Reserve and conspiracy theories and frankly I haven't a clue about a lot of things anymore. Stange times, it feels like we're in for a lot of changes, I just hope that they are for the better.

It's progress lads, progress

Same as in every developed country - agriculture is concentrated in to fewer and fewer hands and as everyone heads of to the bright lights of the Big City