Plane crash

JaMoUsE

Fantastic piece of piloting on his part. He was lucky it was clear conditions, during the day and there being little or no wind but it would be churlish imo to take anything away from what he did. The media is all over it because it's such a good story, obviously.

I think (basically), Fop just has an issue with achievement and achievers cos he's never done fuck all himself. <_<

Or it's exactly as I said - he never chose to do it, or at least the choice was between his death anyway and trying it. So like I said very good and lucky pilot, but an "OMG Hero™!!!!111"? (to the extent the media has been going on about it?) Not really.

I would imagine the pilot himself would probably say something similar - Fop just dares to speak the truth (as usual). <_<

(it was funny last time a similar thing happened, when every one wanted/assumed the captain to have done it and it turned out to have been the co-pilot that landed it, never got as much coverage after that.)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's a hero. He held it together under extremely high pressured circumstances and as a consequence he saved many lives. He might be embarrassed by all the attention (he might love it for all we know) but that doesn't really make any difference.

I think he's a hero. He held it together under extremely high pressured circumstances and as a consequence he saved many lives. He might be embarrassed by all the attention (he might love it for all we know) but that doesn't really make any difference.

I think he's a very good pilot, and might stretch so far as "hero", but "OMG HERO!!!1111", nah. He just saved his own life, he made no sacrifice or conscious courageous/potentially self-harming action/choice.

There's plenty of recent British soldiers, for example, that get little to no credit that are much more deserving of the name "hero", that have made conscious choices to be courageous or put themselves into harms way for others.

There are different kinds of heroism though, imo anyway. I wasn't denigrating any sacrifices made by members of our armed forces. I just think he was heroic because he was able to hold it together when he was probably shitting it. I'm sure the rest of the crew deserve credit too. As for the media being all over it, same as it ever was shirley.

Fantastic piece of piloting on his part. He was lucky it was clear conditions, during the day and there being little or no wind but it would be churlish imo to take anything away from what he did. The media is all over it because it's such a good story, obviously.

I think (basically), Fop just has an issue with achievement and achievers cos he's never done fuck all himself. <_<

Or it's exactly as I said - he never chose to do it, or at least the choice was between his death anyway and trying it. So like I said very good and lucky pilot, but an "OMG Hero™!!!!111"? (to the extent the media has been going on about it?) Not really.

I would imagine the pilot himself would probably say something similar - Fop just dares to speak the truth (as usual). :telephone:

(it was funny last time a similar thing happened, when every one wanted/assumed the captain to have done it and it turned out to have been the co-pilot that landed it, never got as much coverage after that.)

Oh aye, I can just imagine the poor bastard sat next to you on the wing of that plane in the middle of the Hudson: "Actually, he's no hero you know; when you look at it one way, he was just trying to prevent his own death. He's a coward if anything!"

Fuck off tbh-I'd have taken my chances in the freezing water.

You blatantly have a problem with people who have achieved things in their life. It's palpable in lots of the rants you have against 'decision makers' etc. You want to concentrate more on achieving something worthwhile in your own life rather than just spouting bile against people who actually make a difference to the world. <_<

I would imagine the pilot himself would probably say something similar - Fop just dares to speak the truth (as usual). :love:

Oh aye, I can just imagine the poor bastard sat next to you on the wing of that plane in the middle of the Hudson: "Actually, he's no hero you know; when you look at it one way, he was just trying to prevent his own death. He's a coward if anything!"

You blatantly have a problem with people who have achieved things in their life. It's palpable in lots of the rants you have against 'decision makers' etc. You want to concentrate more on achieving something worthwhile in your own life rather than just spouting bile against people who actually make a difference to the world. :telephone:

Again that's what you want Fop to have said manc-foplite (because of your clear problem with Fop <_<:love:).

But it's nothing like what Fop has actually said. <_<

Now shoo before you start another epic thread which results in you slinking away with your tail between your legs yet again. <_<

Edited by Fop

I would imagine the pilot himself would probably say something similar - Fop just dares to speak the truth (as usual). <_<

You blatantly have a problem with people who have achieved things in their life. It's palpable in lots of the rants you have against 'decision makers' etc. You want to concentrate more on achieving something worthwhile in your own life rather than just spouting bile against people who actually make a difference to the world. :telephone:

Again that's what you want Fop to have said manc-foplite (because of your clear problem with Fop <_<:love: ).

Now shoo before you start another epic thread which results in you slinking away with your tail between your legs yet again. <_<

Yeah yeah whatever. It's obvious that's what your issue is, man. :love:

Again that's what you want Fop to have said manc-foplite (because of your clear problem with Fop <_<:love: ).

Yeah yeah whatever. It's obvious that's what your issue is, man. :love:

So are you saying that someone that chooses to put themselves into mortal danger to save people is just as much a "hero" as someone that is in mortal danger through no choice of their own, survives and happens to save others as well?

Edited by Fop

No, he isn't. Basic comprehension tbh <_<

No he's basically making an unsubstantiated personal attack, with little to do with anything other than his personal issues with Fop..... but that's by the by. :love::telephone:

Although in doing so he's basically saying what I have said - even if he doesn't mean to say so. <_<

No he's basically making an unsubstantiated personal attack, with little to do with anything other than his personal issues with Fop..... but that's by the by. :love::telephone:

Although in doing so he's basically saying what I have said - even if he doesn't mean to say so. <_<

It's not even that clear what you're saying. Do you think the bloke's a hero or not? As for his personal issues with you. I think he just thinks you're a tool. But that's by the by as well.

It's not even that clear what you're saying. Do you think the bloke's a hero or not? As for his personal issues with you. I think he just thinks you're a tool. But that's by the by as well.

I've said the opposite of what you said he wasn't say, so if he's disagreeing with Fop (as opposed to just having yet another of his little episodes without actually understanding what is being discussed :love:) then that is what he's saying. <_<

I've said the opposite of what you said he wasn't say, so if he's disagreeing with Fop (as opposed to just having yet another of his little episodes without actually understanding what is being discussed :love:) then that is what he's saying. <_<

Thanks for clearing that up anyway.

Fop, how comes you've started accusing me of making personal slurs about you these days? It's all coming across a bit precious/sensitive of you tbh.

For instance you routinely suggest that I am a corrupt lawyer and more randomly, a conveyancer <_< but I don't give a monkeys either way.

I can only conclude that I've called it right with my comments above tbh.

No he's basically making an unsubstantiated personal attack, with little to do with anything other than his personal issues with Fop..... but that's by the by. <_<:love:

Although in doing so he's basically saying what I have said - even if he doesn't mean to say so. :telephone:

I've said the opposite of what you said he wasn't say, so if he's disagreeing with Fop (as opposed to just having yet another of his little episodes without actually understanding what is being discussed :love: ) then that is what he's saying. <_<

wtf? <_<

No he's basically making an unsubstantiated personal attack, with little to do with anything other than his personal issues with Fop..... but that's by the by. <_<:love:

Although in doing so he's basically saying what I have said - even if he doesn't mean to say so. :telephone:

I've said the opposite of what you said he wasn't saying, so if he's disagreeing with Fop (as opposed to just having yet another of his little episodes without actually understanding what is being discussed :love: ) then that is what he's saying. <_<

wtf? <_<

So it was just another of your little episodes without you actually understanding what is being discussed. <_<

You do get confused very easily I know. :aye:

I've said the opposite of what you said he wasn't say, so if he's disagreeing with Fop (as opposed to just having yet another of his little episodes without actually understanding what is being discussed :love: ) then that is what he's saying. <_<

wtf? <_<

Fopposite = To basically not know what the fuck you're wittering on about, but continue to do so in the hope that someone will listen

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Fop, how comes you've started accusing me of making personal slurs about you these days? It's all coming across a bit precious/sensitive of you tbh.

For instance you routinely suggest that I am a corrupt lawyer and more randomly, a conveyancer <_< but I don't give a monkeys either way.

Fop doesn't mind it, Fop just tells it like it is. <_<

Without your little episode things would be much less interesting.

Fop doesn't mind it, Fop just tells it like it is. :telephone:

Away and shite man. It's cos you've got a massive grudge against people with useful lives. <_<

Fop doesn't mind it, Fop just tells it like it is. :telephone:

Away and shite man. It's cos you've got a massive grudge against people with useful lives. <_<

Episode continues. :love:

Edited by Fop

No, he isn't. Basic comprehension tbh :telephone:

Although in doing so he's basically saying what I have said - even if he doesn't mean to say so. :love:

I've said the opposite of what you said he wasn't say, so if he's disagreeing with Fop (as opposed to just having yet another of his little episodes without actually understanding what is being discussed <_< ) then that is what he's saying. <_<

wtf? <_<

Fopposite = To basically not know what the fuck you're wittering on about, but continue to do so in the hope that someone will listen

<_< Meow