a heads up ! - worth a check

stevietoon

spotted this on a thread on another forum; anyone come across such problems ?

This is something that has cropped up more times than you can be comfortable with.

Basically, if you used your credit & debit cards to pay for your ST renewal, check your statements as several people who did this have had unauthorised transactions from their bank accounts in the hundreds.

Lloyds fraud department have noticed that there seems to be a correlation between regional unauthorised withdrawals & ST payments/renewals via plastic.

It should be noted, that no-one is saying the club are complicit with any possible theft, just that someone seems to have been using them as the vehicle to gaining numbers.

Check your recent statements & your statements to come.

I ended up with two bathroom suites and endless itune charges plus an assortment of random purchases including paying the london borough of islington £180.

This was all in a period of 2 days and strangely, about the time I paid for my ST.

TBF Lloyds transferred them and then I assume wrote them off, and I heard no more.

That is the only time I've had any trouble.

I ended up with two bathroom suites and endless itune charges plus an assortment of random purchases including paying the london borough of islington £180.

This was all in a period of 2 days and strangely, about the time I paid for my ST.

TBF Lloyds transferred them and then I assume wrote them off, and I heard no more.

That is the only time I've had any trouble.

my mate got scammed for £200 a day for 5 days before he found out; happened 2 days after buying a match ticket for visiting relative; co incidence ?; all bank withdrawals were london - bank still investigating. heard of another guy had 12 attempts on his cards - credit and debit; paid for ST with DC and 2 years extension on CC - both hit. bank couldnt understand how both cards could be done at once.

This is doing the rounds at the minute, Ive heard from a couple of different sources on this. Like people seem to be saying though a lot of the transactions are down London way. Thats not a "cockney mafia" dig but just appears to be one of those strange coincidences.

Either way though, if there is a scam going on through the box office then it needs to be sorted and sharpish.

you'll find its being run from the east end by some right tasty geezers!

think the club needs to nip this in the bud pretty quick if banks have been in contact with them as some report then a simple statement would suffice, putting such rumours to bed. anyway, if something had gone on i'm sure the club would have been in touch to let season ticket holders know not to worry