Quality sales pitch on eBay!

Wavey Davey

Stuff like this cracks me up.

For a short period of time, I took a job doing technical writing for a software company that coded shopping cart software. After I knocked out the manual they thought would take me like 5 months in less than one, they put me on forum patrol. It was my job to read through the posts on the company's forums, chill out people that were bitching, and find articles talking about e-commerce and shit like that.

We had people on there all the time bitching about how our shopping cart sucked because they had x amount of abandonded carts since wheneverthefuck, and our SEO was shite because they hadn't moved up in the Google rank and all this stuff, so I'd chill them out with some company line bullshit, then I'd go check out their site and attempt to offer some constructive criticism.

There'd be misspellings, misleading descriptions, broken links, and layouts so mired and complex you'd swear you were going to run into a minotaur along the way. At the end of the day though, it was our fault because our shopping cart software had hiccuped on a credit card transaction at 2am on a Wednesday. Course, some people had a legitimate gripe with things, but the vast majority didn't.

This dude is probably another one of those, "eBay doesn't care about the little guy anymore", people because no one will buy the dvd based on his oh-so-witty description.

Edited by Cid_MCDP

Stuff like this cracks me up.

For a short period of time, I took a job doing technical writing for a software company that coded shopping cart software. After I knocked out the manual they thought would take me like 5 months in less than one, they put me on forum patrol. It was my job to read through the posts on the company's forums, chill out people that were bitching, and find articles talking about e-commerce and shit like that.

We had people on there all the time bitching about how our shopping cart sucked because they had x amount of abandonded carts since wheneverthefuck, and our SEO was shite because they hadn't moved up in the Google rank and all this stuff, so I'd chill them out with some company line bullshit, then I'd go check out their site and attempt to offer some constructive criticism.

There'd be misspellings, misleading descriptions, broken links, and layouts so mired and complex you'd swear you were going to run into a minotaur along the way. At the end of the day though, it was our fault because our shopping cart software had hiccuped on a credit card transaction at 2am on a Wednesday. Course, some people had a legitimate gripe with things, but the vast majority didn't.

This dude is probably another one of those, "eBay doesn't care about the little guy anymore", people because no one will buy the dvd based on his oh-so-witty description.

:mellow: