Woman Impaled by Tree

Angelus71

Tree impales woman through car window

"It's in your neck," husband tells wife

by The Associated Press

KAMIAH, Idaho - A northern Idaho woman who was skewered in the neck by a tree limb during a recreational drive along the Lochsa River earlier this month says she is recovering at home.

Michelle Childers, 20, and her husband were taking driving down a rural road in north-central Idaho on Sept. 5 when a spruce tree crashed through the passenger side window of their pickup truck.

Childers, a Kamiah, Idaho native, says she could feel a strange pressure on her neck and shoulder when her husband, Daniel, a 22-year-old who works in the timber industry, saw the tree limb had impaled her and started to panic.

"I asked him 'What? Where is it?,'" Childers said.

Her husband answered, "It's in your neck," she said.

The couple drove to the Lochsa Lodge near the Idaho-Montana border to call for help and arrived about an hour after the tree limb stabbed the woman.

While Childers waited to be flown by helicopter to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Mont., she said a nurse and her husband were staying at the lodge and tried to calm her down.

"So, here I am sitting in a pickup with all these wonderful people around me and a 13-inch spruce limb with branches coming off it in still in my neck," Childers told KHQ-TV.

Tree-in-Neck_mara_I090917194859.jpg

Lucky to be alive! :o