The Walking Dead

Cid_MCDP

I don't know how hard it is for you guys to get American comic books, specifically graphic novel collections, over there, but I just finished volume 10 of The Walking Dead and I gotta tell ya- comic book or not, it's fantastic stuff.

Apparently, the U.S. cable network AMC (same ones who made Breaking Bad and Mad Men) have bought the rights to make The Walking Dead.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...5cdd4d9a8b8450e

No idea when it'll be on TV, but that'll be one to watch, especially with Frank Darabont being involved.

• 8 months later...

Just happened to be reading the Wikipedia entry on The Walking Dead earlier today and it seems as though the TV version is going to start airing this October. Don't know what channel it'd be for you guys, over here it's going to be on AMC which is the same network as Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

If it's as good as the comic, and with Frank Darabont being heavily involved (writer, director, exec. producer), I don't see how it can't be, it's going to be awesome. Absolutely cannot wait!

Edited by Cid_MCDP

I love the whole 'comic book' graphic novel stuff. did anybody else read the 'Zenith' series that was published in 2000ad in the 90's(?). got the whole set of graphic novels afterwards. Rivetting stuff!

For reals, man! There's some really well written stuff out there in the GN format.

I don't know about you guys, but I have a hard time finding books I like. Seems like with movies and music, I know enough people and know some reviewers that have similar tastes to mine that I don't have (much) trouble finding new music or movies to dig on, but books is tough. The real problem is I don't have a week of evenings/ mornings/ whatever to waste on a shitty book and I hate starting and not finishing a book. That's where the GNs come in- most GNs can be read in one sitting, 30-60 minutes. I get a little reading in and if it sucks, I haven't wasted a bunch of time on it.

Axeman, I haven't read Zenith- what's the story about that? I've heard of 2000 A.D. though- they did Judge Dredd back in the day, right?