Players we should be looking at.

Park Life

AI_kakuta030909.jpg

Yaya Sanogo (born 27 January 1993 in Massy) is a French football player of Ivorian descent currently playing for French club Auxerre in Ligue 1. He is a French youth international having represented his country at under-16 and under-17 level. Sanogo formerly served as captain of the latter. He plays as a striker and possesses a very tall and lanky frame, despite being only 17 years of age. Sanogo is known for his technical ability and goal-scoring with France's youth international teams having scored a team-high 18 goals in 18 games with the under-16 team during the 2008–09 season.

2008–2009 France U16 18 (18)

2009–2010 France U17 16 (9)

2010– France U19 3 (1)

France may have fallen behind against Switzerland on Monday but they bounced back with a vengeance to win 3-1 and qualify for the semi-finals of the UEFA European Under-17 Championship as Group A runners-up.

Yaya Sanogo's two goals gave them the lead at Sportpark Eschen-Mauren and the AJ Auxerre striker told UEFA.com the atmosphere within the camp could scarcely be better. "We are very strong now because we have had a lot of experience together over the past two years," he said. ""We live together at this tournament, we eat together and we laugh – we don't want this to stop" because our group is very cool and we like it. We want to stay until the end."

Sanogo arrived in Liechtenstein as one of the players to watch having made his Ligue 1 debut for Auxerre earlier this month. His physical presence was impressive enough in France's opening two fixtures but it was his calmness of finish against Switzerland that caught the eye. Single-minded in front of goal he may be, but the 17-year-old thinks only of the collective off the field.

"As a striker of course I prefer to score, but the team is more important," he said. "Scoring in a game like this is great, but is better to go to the semi-finals and the final. I'm always disappointed if I don't score but I am a team player.

http://www.uefa.com/under17/news/newsid=1492231.html

Parky buy rating 8/10