Away attendances

Mr Gittes

Seen a couple of days ago on .com that our allocation for the Blackburn away game has been sold out yet again.

Now, I don't want to sound obsessive and come up with another big club discussion, but I wonder how many clubs actually manage to sell out their ticket allocation at places where they are handed a big number of tickets (Blackburn, Wigan etc.). I've never come across a table that shows e.g. the percentage of the ticket allocation that actually has been sold to the away fans.

Even when the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool etc have been playing at Ewood in recent years, there were quite a few gaps in the away stand IIRC. I'm sure our away following is only matched by Man Utd's?

Cheers if anyone can help.

Guest Marshall-Baines
Seen a couple of days ago on .com that our allocation for the Blackburn away game has been sold out yet again.

Now, I don't want to sound obsessive and come up with another big club discussion, but I wonder how many clubs actually manage to sell out their ticket allocation at places where they are handed a big number of tickets (Blackburn, Wigan etc.). I've never come across a table that shows e.g. the percentage of the ticket allocation that actually has been sold to the away fans.

Even when the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool etc have been playing at Ewood in recent years, there were quite a few gaps in the away stand IIRC. I'm sure our away following is only matched by Man Utd's?

Man Utd and Liverpool sell out maximum allocation everywhere. We did until about 2007 for 14 years, I can hardly think of one example to contradict that, and places like Wimbledon we'd take 10,000+ every week.

I'd say we're behind Man Utd and Liverpool now though because of the allocations the board occasionally ask for like 1,800 at Spurs this season, ridiculous seeing as though there was 2,700 applications that we didn't ask for more.

When you look at it overall away supports in terms of numbers presently, in terms of numbers and turning out at bad times anywhere etc.. you're looking at...

Man Utd

Liverpool

Newcastle

Leeds

Arsenal

Chelsea

Tottenham, Sunderland, Everton

Man City, Everton, Villa

West Ham

The rest of the established clubs away supports aren't worth talking about they're so shit.

Edited by Marshall-Baines

Blackburn away has always been a popular trip from as long as I can remember. I'd say that and Hillsborough always saw huge numbers go no matter what league we were in.

Man Utd and Liverpool sell out maximum allocation everywhere. We did until about 2007 for 14 years, I can hardly think of one example to contradict that, and places like Wimbledon we'd take 10,000+ every week.

I'd say we're behind Man Utd and Liverpool now though because of the allocations the board occasionally ask for like 1,800 at Spurs this season, ridiculous seeing as though there was 2,700 applications that we didn't ask for more.

When you look at it overall away supports in terms of numbers presently, in terms of numbers and turning out at bad times anywhere etc.. you're looking at...

Man Utd

Liverpool

Newcastle

Leeds

Arsenal

Chelsea

Tottenham, Sunderland, Everton

Man City, Everton, Villa

West Ham

The rest of the established clubs away supports aren't worth talking about they're so shit.

Agree with Man Utd at least, but I seem to remember when Liverpool played at Ewood in Hodgson's final match there were massive gaps in the away end. You can put that down to it being a midweek game, supporter "protests" etc., but I'm sure it wasn't sould out this time round. Same goes for Chelsea.