Reserves Tactics vs. 1st Team Tactics

loonyTOON

Just watched the highlights from the reserve team game against Norwich and noticed something from the off. They play majority to feet, and play on the deck. As opposed to our ever obvious tactic in the 1st team of the long, direct route. We have used this tactic for stupid amounts of years and think we really need to be more like the reserves. They played young Donaldson up front on his own and it worked a treat.....because they passed the ball about and moved up the field.

It may just be me, but I'm sick of seeing the long ball, direct route in our name. Its boring to watch and it really doesn't work with the players we have. Even when Lovenkrands plays and he looks for the gaps, we can't play a simple, on the deck through ball. We have the creativity and flair in Jonas, Marveux, Cabaye, Obertan, Gosling to be able to run at the defence and play simple on the deck football. But instead we look to go direct, then wide, then cross. Best and Ameobi are not Andy Carroll.

I hope one day soon, we return to slick football where it goes through the defence, midfield to then the attackers. Instead of seeing the ball hoofed forward.

6 goals in the game with those tactics. Granted its Norwich and we are strong in reserves. But could it create more chances for us in the Prem?

Fully agree but I its not doable atm with both Cabaye and Tiote sitting so deep. no link up at all.

Should revert Cabaye to his old playmaker-role tbh, together with gosling perhaps.

He smashed in 15 goals in the 2009-2010 season in that role in Lille.