The 'Joe Paterno Scandal' in the US.

Dolly Potter MD

If I new kids were being raped by one of my oldest friends at the metrocentre i wouldn't report it to Paul Blart and be happy that was the end of it.

The idea that anyone who does is blameless is shameful.

Not blameless, he definitely could have done more. But he did more than anyone else. What about his superiors who knew? Paterno was made the scapegoat when he did more than his superiors. Blaming it all on a frail 70 year old man while they knew all along and didnt give a shit is heartless. Hope the Nittany Lions crash and burn and more higher figures become implicated. Also hope that Sandusky never sees the light of day again.

Not sure Paterno is the scapegoat. Of course those above him tried to protect themselves and the team by acting strongly against him, But Schultz and Hurley were indicted and Spanier was fired too.

If I new kids were being raped by one of my oldest friends at the metrocentre i wouldn't report it to Paul Blart and be happy that was the end of it.

The idea that anyone who does is blameless is shameful.

Not blameless, he definitely could have done more. But he did more than anyone else. What about his superiors who knew? Paterno was made the scapegoat when he did more than his superiors. Blaming it all on a frail 70 year old man while they knew all along and didnt give a shit is heartless. Hope the Nittany Lions crash and burn and more higher figures become implicated. Also hope that Sandusky never sees the light of day again.

Not sure Paterno is the scapegoat. Of course those above him tried to protect themselves and the team by acting strongly against him, But Schultz and Hurley were indicted and Spanier was fired too.

Rightly so though, they all deserved it. Spanier didn't listen to many reports of people coming out to tell him what happened.

Point being your view of Patero as a lone scapegoat that deserved not to besacked doesn't ring true.

They should all go...Mcquery keeping his job is a disgrace, not Paterno losing his....though as the more senior of the two, Paterno had ultimate responsibility to ensure thee were no dodgy goings on in his own locker room.