Ticket availability for Away games ? What's the score ?

Might be a simple enough question to answer, but I'm confused regarding getting tickets for away games.

I'd like to know what the score is regarding membership and if it's worth it. I was quoted £27 for one full year.

So, as I see it, from speaking to someone at the ticket shop.

Away game tickets go on sale to Season ticket holders and membership holders from day one of when they are available and that's it - no general public sale.

(if this is right - I would imagine that the demand far outweighs what is available.)

But, home games DO go on general sale - if not taken up be Season and Membership holders.

So, do people think the membership is worth it ? and how many away games do you get to.

Aside of this, as I can only get to a few away games - so membership is a no brainer for me.

So if anyone can get me a ticket for the Wigan game when they become available then please PM me to touch base.

Thx

Edited by south_cheshire_toon

I think the club stated that ST holders only could apply for away tkts after the pre season carry on at Darlo. Looks like WBA tkts have been offered to members because its at 4pm on a Sunday and uptake from ST holders has been slow. If so, thats the first time this season as far as I can make out. I wouldnt bother with a membership mate it seems its barely worth it as the tkts very seldom go on offer to members.

Edited by PaddockLad

I think the club stated that ST holders only could apply for away tkts after the pre season carry on at Darlo. Looks like WBA tkts have been offered to members because its at 4pm on a Sunday and uptake from ST holders has been slow. If so, thats the first time this season as far as I can make out. I wouldnt bother with a membership mate it seems its barely worth it as the tkts very seldom go on offer to members.

Many thanks for that.

Here I am thinking I've got a fighting chance to get an away ticket for Wigan (and any other local to me - Away game),

and it seems I've got Bob Hope's chance of ever getting a ticket for any away game,

for the simple fact that the supporting base is so good they all get taken by ST holders.

Thanks anyway - looks like I'm going to take my chances in the home end (again).