North East Walks.

henda11

I'm looking for 2 places that i used to go to when i was younger. There was one place, can't exactly remember it, but it was a decent walk, and i can remember all these huge boulders, rocks etc...that you climb on, it also had a canny house that you could go in aswell,

Also there is another one, which from what i can remember is referred to as the "Gauge", it has a canny walk through the woods, to a nice decent spring stream which runs through/near it.

Any help with directs and proper names would be great.

I'm looking for 2 places that i used to go to when i was younger. There was one place, can't exactly remember it, but it was a decent walk, and i can remember all these huge boulders, rocks etc...that you climb on, it also had a canny house that you could go in aswell,

that's pretty vague. are you on about Cragside?

I do a canny bit of walking in the NE and that could be loads of places. Cragside is a good shout, actually going there Friday. Could be Staward Gauge maybe as well? That's down by Allenbanks.

I think thats it mate. But the other one, for the life of me i can't remember. It was decent though, canny walk and loads of massive huge boulders and rocks to climb on and what have you. It had a canny ice cream shack next to this said house, and toilets etc...

On subject... I need some new boots... any recommendations of where to go for them? Reasonably priced mind.

Blacks had a sale on in the metro centre, no idea if it still has. Failing that Go Outdoors at west Denton is canny.