Confidentiality At Work

henda11

At work I told one of the shift managers a personal issue I'm having, and I asked him not to mention it to the other managers, and he agreed not to, but he has spouted my problem to the others managers and has broken my confidentiality, is that allowed?. He is allowed to spout it around to other managers evn though I told him not to?.

Gut instinct says that if he's asked advice from a manager senior to him that's fine, but if he's been blabbing to other people he's betrayed your confidence. "Allowed to" is hard to say, depends on a stack of issues, surely?

Well what it was, was I was asked to train a new employee on a job and because of my personal issue I told him my head wasn't in the right place and that I didn't want the responsibility of training this person because my head wasn't in the right. And I asked him not to tell other managers and he agreed not to say anything.

Well what it was, was I was asked to train a new employee on a job and because of my personal issue I told him my head wasn't in the right place and that I didn't want the responsibility of training this person because my head wasn't in the right. And I asked him not to tell other managers and he agreed not to say anything.

You got a decent relationship with this shift manager normally? If so just have a word, let him know you aren't happy.

Best way to do this is to sit at his desk, naked, smeared in fecal matter of an indeterminate origin, sporting a huge erection, a poorly drawn Tiger in a pirate hat daubed in blood on the wall... possibly while playing "In the Air tonight" by Phil Collins on an old Fisher Price tape recorder.

fisherprice-tape.jpg

Edited by The Fish