Everyones in an upbeat mood..

Scottish Mag

I'm gutted after reading today's papers. I really thought he would be sacked yesterday. I can't see him being sacked before Saturday now.

83705[/snapback]

Surely if we get beat off Cheltenham then it will be game over..... Of course, not that I would want this to happen.

It's a fucking joke, FS needs to stick his hand in his pocket, pay him off and admit he got it wrong.

Because pride takes over, we all suffer as a consequence! :search:

83516[/snapback]

That's the same pocket that we buy players with though.... :o

I want him gone now too, but it's not like Shepherd is being tight with his OWN money, it's the club's.

83524[/snapback]

Simple solution: by way of acknowledging that him and Hall made a mistake in appointing Souness, they declare no dividend this year and use the money they would otherwise pay to themselves (and the other shareholders, but let's face it, most of them are fans and would forego the £1 or £2 they pick up to get rid of Souness) to get rid of the manager. In the past two years the dividend has been in the region of £5m...the same as the payoff that would supposedly be required to get rid of Souness and his team of coaches.

Not gonna happen unfortunately, but it would go some way towards improving Shepherd's relationship with the fans if he had the brains and was prepared to admit to his error.

83703[/snapback]

I agree....and you're right it won't happen.

The stupid thing is...if this were some fairy story it could go like this:

Mr Souness leaves by mutual consent, gaining respect from the Newcastle fans for not bleeding every last drop of money from the club and dragging us further down the table. He could then be remembered as the man who "cleared out the dressing room"TM and brought Emre and Michael Owen to SJP. He will have been paid very handsomely for his time here and his family are secure for life already from what he will have earned from football.

Mr Shepherd admits that he made a mistake and raises his reputation once again by NOT taking a dividend and putting something BACK into the club to secure a first class manager and perhaps some key players on loan. Appointing Bobby Robson as director of football could also be considered.

The fans give Shepherd and Souness a break, a good appointment will have the town buzzing again, Shepherd ultimately will be no happier having £15m than £20m but will have got more for his money than ever before....respect and happiness and the gratitude of the whole area.

And they all lived happily ever after....... :huh: