Camera's to catch drivers on their mobile phones..

Howaythelads

No mobiles while drinving just got passed here as law recently, with the addendum that eating and drinking (any beverage) while you drive is heavily frowned upon, but not an offence as yet. No ban from driving but there's been some hefty fines levied. On a personal level the knee jerk reaction from me is that I should be able to speak to whom I want whenever I want but logically I feel better thinking that most drivers will have both hands on the wheel.

105155[/snapback]

Last year in the US, I saw someone driving at 50mph and eating a pot noodle-type meal with a fork. I s'pose they all have automatics over there, so it's all right.

No mobiles while drinving just got passed here as law recently, with the addendum that eating and drinking (any beverage) while you drive is heavily frowned upon, but not an offence as yet. No ban from driving but there's been some hefty fines levied. On a personal level the knee jerk reaction from me is that I should be able to speak to whom I want whenever I want but logically I feel better thinking that most drivers will have both hands on the wheel.

105155[/snapback]

Last year in the US, I saw someone driving at 50mph and eating a pot noodle-type meal with a fork. I s'pose they all have automatics over there, so it's all right.

105316[/snapback]

Must be true, Yanks don't know how to use a knife, unless it's to stab someone with. I've seen them hacking away at a steak with a bloody fork trying to cut a bit off. Not behind the wheel, mind.

Edited by Howaythelads

105316[/snapback]

Why, was it Christy Brown?