Up to 9th

Bombadil

most fans would rather see their rivals do badly than their own team do well  :lol:

not sure i see the logic in that. im a newcastle fan first, a smog hater second.

121962[/snapback]

I have yet to see anyone state they never wanted Newcastle to do well...

121963[/snapback]

well the 5 or 6 posts above did. they said if us getting into the uefa cup meant boro winning it this season, theyd rather we didnt get in.

I wouldnt care if boro were crowned champions of the world if it meant we got to play european football next season. it seems very bitter to sacrifice a place in europe just to see a team 60miles away lose the final.

most fans would rather see their rivals do badly than their own team do well  :lol:

not sure i see the logic in that. im a newcastle fan first, a smog hater second.

121962[/snapback]

I have yet to see anyone state they never wanted Newcastle to do well...

121963[/snapback]

well the 5 or 6 posts above did. they said if us getting into the uefa cup meant boro winning it this season, theyd rather we didnt get in.

121966[/snapback]

The question never stated we wouldnt get in to Europe though...

are you telling me if it come down to smogs winning the uefa cup and us getting in it, or them losing and us playing in the intertoto youd pick the latter!?

We would still hopefully get into the Uefa Cup by going down the Intertoto route....

J69 it's all relative. In my opinion, UEFA Cup qualification is not enough to make me want Boro to win a European trophy, in the same way I would sacrifice three points if it meant sunderland didn't win the league (hypothetically speaking, since I can't see it being an issue :lol:)

Champions League would be a different story. The UEFA Cup is worthless unless you get to the final, otherwise it's just too many games, paying ridiculous prices to sit in SJP and freeze to death every other Thursday watching us play teams from Israeli mountain villages.

121965[/snapback]

hardly the same. for one sunderland are our real rivals and not that team down near N.yorkshire. and secondly, losing 3 points is not the same as losing european qualification after a 38 game season.

:lol:

60 miles!

Last time we talked about this, you claimed it was an hour journey. Do you travel to Middlesbrough via Carlisle or what?

121967[/snapback]

unless you have a delorean 60 miles in an hour is quite reasonable :)

:lol:

60 miles!

Last time we talked about this, you claimed it was an hour journey. Do you travel to Middlesbrough via Carlisle or what?

121967[/snapback]

unless you have a delorean 60 miles in an hour is quite reasonable :)

121971[/snapback]

Indeed it is, and Middlesbrough is about 30 miles, no more.

J69 it's all relative. In my opinion, UEFA Cup qualification is not enough to make me want Boro to win a European trophy, in the same way I would sacrifice three points if it meant sunderland didn't win the league (hypothetically speaking, since I can't see it being an issue :lol:)

Champions League would be a different story. The UEFA Cup is worthless unless you get to the final, otherwise it's just too many games, paying ridiculous prices to sit in SJP and freeze to death every other Thursday watching us play teams from Israeli mountain villages.

121965[/snapback]

hardly the same. for one sunderland are our real rivals and not that team down near N.yorkshire. and secondly, losing 3 points is not the same as losing european qualification after a 38 game season.

121969[/snapback]

Do you go to the UEFA Cup games?

Not a soopafan question, I think that those who do go are more likely to say they don't want to qualify particularly especially if it means the Beasts winning something. I got sick to death of the bloody thing last two years.

Blyth, Northumberland, GB

Revise | New Directions | Map

Middlesborough, GB

Revise | New Directions | Map

Total Est. Time: 58 Minutes

Total Est. Distance: 49.8 Miles

i go to as many games as i can, in any competition, work allowing and money permittng

I'm really not that fussed about the UEFA cup. Yes it's extra money at the coffers but the lack of 3pm Saturday KOs is a right pain in the arse

That's from Blyth though. If we're talking about Newcastle fans' opinion on this in general, and not just yours, surely we should take it from Newcastle, or possibly even lower, since there are a lot of Newcastle fans in Durham and Washington?

And we should also extend the Boro catchment area up through Stockton, to about Sedgefield, which tends to be the dividing line.

They're closer than sunderland tbh. :lol: It's a moot point anyway.

Fair enough, wasn't questioning your support or any of that bollocks, simply saying that until about the QF stage, the UEFA Cup is an utter waste of time and money for those who attend, in my opinion. I can't be the only one who got sick of paying £20 to sit in sub-zero temperatures and watch us play Georgia's 4th best team.