Jesus Wept...

Scottish Mag

Not having a pop but why did you get married in a church, was it for your lass or your respective families? I'm always curious as to why non-religious people do it. I know some people just like the idea of it. Personally I wouldn't do it (get married that is ;) ).

135266[/snapback]

I've always thought the same thing. Same with Christenings. People who aren't religious but have their bairns Christened, a ceremony in which they promise to bring up their kids as Christians. It's a puzzler.

Should I ever get married, I have a brilliant get out clause for not getting married in church. My parents never Christened me, and as I'm not Christened, I can't get married in Church. Fantastic! :icon_lol:

On a similar note, my Mrs is pally with Ant's family and introduced me to his sister, who has a huge fucking slap head.

135221[/snapback]

I was married by Dec's brother, who is a priest. Or maybe it was Ant's, I'm not sure.

135225[/snapback]

I didn't know you were religious.

135236[/snapback]

I'm not, and I was upfront about it. If you want to get married in a catholic church, you have to endure several painful meetings and mentoring sessions. The priest asked me if there was anything he should know - I told him I didn't believe in God. Caused an awkward moment.

135244[/snapback]

Not having a pop but why did you get married in a church, was it for your lass or your respective families? I'm always curious as to why non-religious people do it. I know some people just like the idea of it. Personally I wouldn't do it (get married that is ;) ).

135266[/snapback]

Both our families are catholic. I didn't believe I was compromising anything as I still believe in the vows, and I believe it is a day for the family too. Next time I'll use a registry office though. :icon_lol: