So whats the problem?

peasepud

Some places have stopped taking bets on Allardyce becoming the new Sunderland manager so what makes them a tempting offer when hes now flatly turned us down twice?

For my money it can only be Freddy, people can cite the rumours about Shearer sitting on the interview panel however if thats true then the blame there lies firmly at Freds door.

Im not saying I would have wanted Allardyce but haway! not interested in us but goes to them??? somethings seriously amiss.

To be fair, Allardyce played for the mackems and has an emotional pull there. Also, and I hate to heap praise on the mackems here, a passionate new chairman (because he is imo) and a 48,000 seater stadium has the foundations for something good. We're only speculating that Allardyce was interviewed for our job. Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if the board spoke to no-one and were then bailed out with being able to pick Roeder at the end of the season.

Honestly, if I was Allardyce I'd be tempted by the mackem job like.

publically Allardyce said we were the right job but the wrong time.. he couldnt leave Bolton a month into a season. Second time round, if we're to believe Oliver, FF held a childish grudge and wouldnt even consider him because of his previous decision. Whichever is true Shepherd still looks a bit of a twat