N'Zogbia

Guest Patrokles

Guest Patrokles

Emre works significantly harder getting back in the central midfield than N'Zogbia would. What with Parker's new role, you can't afford to have N'Zogbia in there. Butt or Emre, it has to be

Parker's role would have to be different and I don't see how that point about N'Zogbia workrate comes about. He works hard on the wing.

But he can't tackle, plus we're taking away a huge asset to the team when we start limiting Parker's game again.

Edited by Patrokles

Emre works significantly harder getting back in the central midfield than N'Zogbia would. What with Parker's new role, you can't afford to have N'Zogbia in there. Butt or Emre, it has to be

Parker's role would have to be different and I don't see how that point about N'Zogbia workrate comes about. He works hard on the wing.

But he can't tackle, plus we're taking away a huge asset to the team when we start limiting Parker's game again.

Emre isn't a great tackler and I'm not convinced he and Parker are a good partnership in midfield. Lack of creativity in my opinion.

Guest Patrokles

Emre isn't a great tackler and I'm not convinced he and Parker are a good partnership in midfield. Lack of creativity in my opinion.

It's hard to be creative with fuck all happening in front of you. As we saw in the second half yesterday, now that Martins seems to be hitting his straps, and with two wingers in their natural positions, the likes of Emre are starting to show their capabilities.

Guest Patrokles

Not convinced about Zoggy in the middle, but I bet he'd put some better corners in than Emre. Funny how Robert got slated for not beating the first man, but now Emre is doing the same it's never mentioned.

That's mainly because over the period Robert was getting slated for his set-pieces, his set-pieces were literally all he offered to the team. (Though I was a big Robert fan)

It's hard to be creative with fuck all happening in front of you. As we saw in the second half yesterday, now that Martins seems to be hitting his straps, and with two wingers in their natural positions, the likes of Emre are starting to show their capabilities.

Agree about the lack of movement (especially last season) making it hard to judge the midfield's creativity at times.