E-mail notification of replies

Craig

I got to work this morning and had 150 e-mails in my inbox. I nearly shat myself til I realised the board was sending them every time someone replied to a thread i'd posted in.

I had a look at it this morning and think I have found a way to stop it for those of you also experiencing it:

1. Click on My Controls at the top right of the site.

2. In the Options pane on the left-hand side, select Email Settings.

3. In the Board Preferences pane, the last option is Enable 'Email Notification' by default? and will be unticked. Tick the box and choose the default type No Email Notification.

4. Click the Amend my email settings button.

5. Now untick the Enable 'Email Notification' by default? box and click the Amend my email settings button again.

6. You should now no longer receive the replies automatically.

You also need to clear out the threads you've already subscribed to. To do this:

1. In the Subscriptions pane on the left-hand side, select View Topics.

2. Tick the box towards the right to select all messages.

3. In the drop-down box, ensure Unsubscribe is selected and then click the with selected button.

4. All the messages should be cleared.

The way to test if it has been successful is to open a thread and click Add Reply. If all is working as it should, there should be three Post Options below the message pane and the first two should be selected but the last one (Enable email notification of replies?) should be deselected.

If you still have problems please let me know.

Please also be aware that we are using the latest release of the Invision software and, while beta testing has been concluded, there is the possibility that bugs may be around here and there. If you notice something that you think may be a bug then again let us know and we'll investigate it further.

Cheers! :lol:

• 1 year later...

I got to work this morning and had 150 e-mails in my inbox. I nearly shat myself til I realised the board was sending them every time someone replied to a thread i'd posted in.

I had a look at it this morning and think I have found a way to stop it for those of you also experiencing it:

1. Click on My Controls at the top right of the site.

2. In the Options pane on the left-hand side, select Email Settings.

3. In the Board Preferences pane, the last option is Enable 'Email Notification' by default? and will be unticked. Tick the box and choose the default type No Email Notification.

4. Click the Amend my email settings button.

5. Now untick the Enable 'Email Notification' by default? box and click the Amend my email settings button again.

6. You should now no longer receive the replies automatically.

You also need to clear out the threads you've already subscribed to. To do this:

1. In the Subscriptions pane on the left-hand side, select View Topics.

2. Tick the box towards the right to select all messages.

3. In the drop-down box, ensure Unsubscribe is selected and then click the with selected button.

4. All the messages should be cleared.

The way to test if it has been successful is to open a thread and click Add Reply. If all is working as it should, there should be three Post Options below the message pane and the first two should be selected but the last one (Enable email notification of replies?) should be deselected.

If you still have problems please let me know.

Please also be aware that we are using the latest release of the Invision software and, while beta testing has been concluded, there is the possibility that bugs may be around here and there. If you notice something that you think may be a bug then again let us know and we'll investigate it further.

Cheers! <_<

He gets 150 e-mails telling him he posts/talks shite and he thinks we all get them!!!!!!! :good::D:lol: