Wednesdays football gossip..

Scottish Mag

TRANSFER RUMOURS

West Ham's reported decision to pull out of takeover talks is likely to mean Argentine duo Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano leave in January. (Daily Mirror)

Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock wants to sign Charlton midfielder Matt Holland on loan. (The Sun)

Oman keeper Ali-Al Habsi wants to leave Bolton. (Independent)

OTHER GOSSIP

Stan Collymore is planning a Premiership comeback - more than five years since his last professional game. (Daily Mirror) :lol:

West Ham have ended takeover talks after manager Alan Pardew threatened to leave. (Daily Mirror)

The Premier League has told clubs they have an obligation to stamp out diving. (Daily Mail)

Paul Ince has ended his playing career but intends to stay at Swindon in a coaching role. (The Sun)

Steve Cotterill, Steve Tilson, Tony Mowbray and Alex McLeish are the leading contenders to succeed Bryan Robson at West Brom. (Daily Star)

Former England striker Les Ferdinand is a candidate for the vacant managerial post at Bournemouth. (Daily Star)

Scotland coach Walter Smith has not yet been offered an extension to his current deal, which runs out at the end of the Euro 2008 campaign. (Telegraph)

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will help Rangers prepare for their Uefa Cup match against Maccabi Haifa, who the Reds played in August. (Daily Record)

Former England striker Les Ferdinand is a candidate for the vacant managerial post at Bournemouth. (Daily Star)

AND FINALLY...

Three Russian football fans have been given a new car by the club they support. They drove 10,000 miles to see their team Zenit St Petersburg play Luch-Energiya in the Sea of Japan but had to take the train back after their car broke down. (The Sun)

Arsenal keeper Jens Lehmann is planning to auction off a note he used to help him in Germany's World Cup penalty shoot-out win over Argentina to raise money for charity. Of the seven players mentioned in the note, he saved one penalty. (The Times)

Stan Collymore is ready to make a sensational return to football after claiming he is good enough to play in The Premiership.

The 35-year-old former England international has been out of the game for five-and-a-half years after leaving Real Oviedo in 2001.

Despite his prolonged absence, along with several personal problems he claims he has now overcome, Collymore insists he is in great shape and ready to make the most unlikely of comebacks.

Collymore is currently in Tenerife undergoing three weeks of intense fitness training and when he returns to England, he will set off his search for a new club in earnest.

"I`ve had physical tests and I`m confident I will come back faster, stronger and fitter than I ever was," Collymore told the Daily Mirror.

"A month from today, I guarantee I will be able to stand side by side with any striker in the country and my physique will be up there with any of them.

"This time, I`m not going to self-destruct. You are not going to see headlines about me being kicked out of a bar somewhere in the early hours rolling drunk.

"I know I can still be among the best."

Having taken in the World Cup as a punter rather than player, Collymore hit on the idea of making a comeback after feeling there was no-one out there in Germany to really worry him.

"I went to the World Cup as a punter," he said yesterday.

"I didn't see any players that made me think 'I can't do that'. It might sound big-headed, but I still believe that I am the best.

"I don't want to do this to go back and be average and potter around for Rag Arse Rovers. I wouldn't do that.

"I wouldn't put myself through all the work I'm doing now for that. There is no reason why I can't be back to my best. Don't forget that as a footballer, I haven't got a lot of miles on the clock.

"When I retired, it wasn't because I was crumbling physically like Ian Wright or Gazza.

"I didn't quit because I had dodgy knees or bad ankles or a chronic back problem or anything like that. I'm six foot, three inches. Take my frame and put all the muscle back on and I am a big, powerful lad."

What a tosser he sounds. :lol:

Hmm, can see Glenn offering him a short term contract - "Stan is a great lad, I've not worked with him before but he seems really level-headed and he's just bursting at the seams to get back into the Premiership. We're short of strikers at the moment, so the deal suits us both nicely."