Team V Celta Vigo??

TOPTOON

Apparently out:Moore, Baba, Bernard, Duff, Car and (Rossi ineligible)

I don't think for one minute that Glenn will not play shambles, but i woulden't, even though he's not quite as bad in Europe as he is in the Premiership and i guess thats how most on here probably feel too, but Huntingdon needs to start sooner rather than later imo and this game is certainly not a must win (although it would be very nice to), this should be the game we try him out imo. Possibly Luque too (depending on his desire levels)? If Luque is as keen on return as we are to return him he could make himself more attractive proposition by having a blinder against spanish outfit Celta.

Given

Nobby Taylor Huntingdon Ramage

Milner Parker Emre Zoggy

Martins The Sib/Luque

Pav

Shambles (in case Huntingdon struggles)

Butt (bring on at some point)

O'brien

Troisi

Dyer

Luque/The Sib

Obviously Titus will start, and I don't think for one minute that Glenn would start Hunty in the centre of defence over Bramble or Ramage. Likely defence of Ramage, Taylor, Bramble and Huntington or Edgar. Nee idea which of the last pair, but one of them is likely to be at right back, with Ramage at left. Unless either of them has a left foot (Edgar is supposed to have one like).

The squad hasnt been announced yet has it? Hunty will have to at least be in contention as we only have 3 fit defenders (+ Duff is out, so no chance of him at left back).

Suppose he could chuck Zoggy back there and play Milner on the left or Nobby at right back.

I think the line up will be pretty much as follows:

Given

Taylor

Bramble

Huntingdon

Ramage

Solano

Parker

Emre

N'Zogbia

Martins

Luque

Subs:

Do we actually have any goalkeeping subs? Krul/Harper are injured and I thought Pav was inelligble?

Kris Gate - May as well give him a run out in the second half if we are ahead. It is not a crucial game after all

Dyer

Milner - Would like to see him start but wont if Solano is fit

Sib

Butt

I would think it's a dead cert for;

Given

Nobby

Taylor

Bramble

Rammage

Milner

Parker

Emre

N'Zogbia

Dyer

Martins

Unless Roeder's shitting himself about how good they are in which case he might play Dyer a wider and Butt in the centre with Milner dropping down.

Huntington won't start I would bet my bairn on it.

Has something been said that I've missed that makes people believe Dyer won't start?

Has something been said that I've missed that makes people believe Dyer won't start?

Personally, I wouldn't want to see Dyer overstreched after just coming back. He will be in for the full 90 against Pompey and Its sods law he will do himself in again pretty quickly if plays the entire game against Vigo. But thats never bothered Roeder before.

Hard to see Butt or Dyer drobbed tbh.

Solano or N'Zogbia will probably play in one of the full back opsitions ahead of Huntington/Edgar I'd imagine, and Emre will probably come back into the starting line up after missing the Arsenal game. Martins up front depending on whether there was no after effects of his injury.

sib and luque eh?

6 - 0 to us then.

Not a bad line up for us considering who's out, not very much pace up top but from what i've seen good finishers and matins and parker on the bench if we need to liven things up! Luque can drop back into the midfield if needs be for the ball, big game for him tonight, could be make or break for him. Not a Luque fan but really hope he finally comes good tonight.

Luque with a superb chance in the first minute ..missed!!

Luque seeing alot of the ball but looking a bit rusty.

Butt looking a bit suspect.

SHYIT 0-1 to celta.

Luque looking very feeble up top, needs to get his act together. martins on at half time unless he bucks his idea's up.

Shambles nearly scores horendous own goal !!

Edited by TOPTOON