The answer to our full-back problem?

Glen

Internazionale defender Francesco Coco has denied a poor attitude was the reason behind Manchester City aborting his trial last week.

Coco travelled to England for what was intended to be a week's training with the Premiership club, but he returned to Italy after only two days with reports in England suggesting that poor behaviour had led to the early departure.

"It's an incredible lie," Coco said in Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I am a serious professional, educated and respectful with others."

The former Italy international, who is looking for a new club after spending last season on loan with Livorno, said football reasons were the problem.

"I left Manchester on good terms with the coach (Stuart Pearce)," he said.

"When they told me that City could use my services, I asked Inter's permission to travel to England for a couple of days.

"It didn't work out because the coach wanted to use me in a different position to what I am used to, full-back.

"After two days we realised that there was no point in wasting time as they already have two players in my position."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Coco is, indeed, telling the truth, is it not time we tried looking at him again in the next transfer window? I mentioned in another thread that I thought he was brilliant in the friendly he played for us. Does anyone know what happened after his trial? Was it attitude-related again? And if not Coco, who may be a liability if the rumours are to believed, then who is going to fill this gaping hole we have at full-back come the end of the season?

Aye it was. Admittedly, hardly of Premiership standard but fuck me, he played out of his skin. Really looked like he wanted it.

Edited by Glen