From Another Angry voice blog
This afternoon Theresa May has held a press conference in which she spouted the same old platitudes and lies in order to deflect attention away from the Brexit farce she's delivered.
• She brushed over all the cabinet resignations and the fact that she doesn't even have a Brexit Secretary (after the 2nd one resigned in protest at her plans).
• She completely ignored the fact that without the support of the 60 odd Tory Brextremist headbangers, her last-minute Brexit proposals stands virtually no chance of surviving a parliamentary vote.
• She made no mention of the upcoming vote of no confidence she's about to face as the furious Brextremists seek to oust her in a desperate last ditch effort to trigger a catastrophic "no deal" economic meltdown so that them and their mega-rich speculator mates can make fortunes betting against Britain, then pick £billions worth of distressed British assets out of the wreckage they've deliberately created.
• She continued pushing the lie that she's conducted Brexit in the national interest, rather than making it a closed shop for her Tory mates from the very beginning (with opposition parties, devolved parliaments, UK business sectors, trade unions, academics and experts, charities, and civic society all excluded from the process) meaning that this is an entirely Tory-created mess.
• And she announced nothing new. Just the same old waffle and platitudes.
So what was the point of it?
Presumably it's a last ditch media management effort by her advisers. They want the evening news broadcasts to feature May spouting optimistic Brexit platitudes against a backdrop of British flags to deflect at least some of the attention away from the Brexit chaos she's created, the fact her Brexit plan will almost certainly never make it through parliament, and that her days as Prime Minister are almost certainly coming to an end.
This kind of pathetic effort to 'paper over the cracks' just goes to show how utterly screwed Theresa May is. Her Brexit house is about to collapse into a pile of rubble, but she's busying herself by slopping a load of new wallpaper over the structural failures in the hope that someone somewhere is actually gullible enough to buy it.