England fall in latest rankings

Scottish Mag

Is there no best performing 3rd place berth this year?

I think it's just 8 groups with 2 from each making the 16 in the finals.

2 from 7 groups and the 2 hosting nations surely?

Aye. That sounds even more likely :unsure:

Now Australia have left I'd like to see Oceania get a qualifying berth at the next World Cup.

New Zealand are better than you'd think.

... and since the new playoff for Oceania is against the 5th place Asian team, I'd expect them to have a decent shot.

Unless they lose to Vanuatu again. :unsure:

Now Australia have left I'd like to see Oceania get a qualifying berth at the next World Cup.

New Zealand are better than you'd think.

... and since the new playoff for Oceania is against the 5th place Asian team, I'd expect them to have a decent shot.

Unless they lose to Vanuatu again. :unsure:

I can actually remember the 'All Whites' playing in the '82 World Cup. They were in the same group as Brazil, Scotland and the Soviet Union iirc.

29. USA (30)

:lol:

They get to play 'diddy' teams and still move up places, how fair is that?

the methododly is published - all you have to do is to choose who you want to play - you still have to win mind - an England home defeat at Wembley by Andorra wouldn't help much............

29. USA (30)

:o

the methododly is published - all you have to do is to choose who you want to play - you still have to win mind - an England home defeat at Wembley by Andorra wouldn't help much............

It'd help the mighty Andorra plenty. :lol:

29. USA (30)

I know how it works, the post was in reference to previous discussions and banter with Zathras about the good ole U.S. of A and their qualification.

29. USA (30)

I know how it works, the post was in reference to previous discussions and banter with Zathras about the good ole U.S. of A and their qualificat

I know you know. But if a team wants to climb the rankings they can always choose their games to fit...........

29. USA (30)

:o

I know how it works, the post was in reference to previous discussions and banter with Zathras about the good ole U.S. of A and their qualificat

I know you know. But if a team wants to climb the rankings they can always choose their games to fit...........

Not really true.

And you should no better than to try to make such a point on such a discussion without realizing the history of the topic. :lol: