Ashley offer points to end for Shepherd at Newcastle

Jimbo

Not sure if this has been answered elsewhere, but after Freddy leaves(after 3 months notice or whatever), does Ashley become the new Chairman, or the new owner?

Do the board elect a chairman?

He doesn't have to be the chairman. Abramovich isn't Chelsea chaiman iirc.

Thanks for that. I don't think I've ever heard of Bruce Buck at Chelsea.

It would be quality to see the club run well from top to bottom. It's been something that's been needed desperately lately.

Aye, slightly worrying though when you read about unpaid bonuses in his other businesses etc. Apparently shareholders of his Sports Direct (or whatever it's called) group are saying he should be paying full attention to that business and not getting distracted by NUFC, as the value of shares is currently about 2/3 of the flotation price or something.

I heard something about that but was immediately questioning the integrity of the comments. Nothing was a direct quote and I wouldn't put it past certain parts of the media to knock us given half a chance.

The bloke seems to be managing his businesses quite well given the amount he made when he floated it.

He was bound to make money on flotation though, wasn't he? It's what happened since the flotation that seems to be concerning the shareholders. I'm not saying he's coming along here to fuck things up or owt, as I think if he puts the right people in place he could make a success of the club, but there's the odd alarm bell ringing from some of the stuff you hear.

Aye, but there's always gonna be an alarm bell, whoever it is or whatever the situation. The doom-mongers are going to bring points like this up to the media though to try and knock us.

I know where you're coming from though.