FAO Laz

There, I did it anyway :(

Anyway; I've got an Epson EMP-X5 projector which I'd like to ceiling mount (and then get a custom made screen). I've currently got the following setup:

Sony Wega 32" TV

Sony DAV-s888 Home Cinema system

Sky+ 160

Sony HX510 DVD recorder

Xbox 360

PS2

Right, I want to do away with the TV and just use the projector and screen. Because I'm getting it ceiling mounted I'm gonna get a proper job done on the cabling, so I need to find the best way to do it so I don't have to keep swapping cables around.

Should I put everything through the S888 and then use an output from that to go to the projector?

There, I did it anyway :(

Anyway; I've got an Epson EMP-X5 projector which I'd like to ceiling mount (and then get a custom made screen). I've currently got the following setup:

Sony Wega 32" TV

Sony DAV-s888 Home Cinema system

Sky+ 160

Sony HX510 DVD recorder

Xbox 360

PS2

Right, I want to do away with the TV and just use the projector and screen. Because I'm getting it ceiling mounted I'm gonna get a proper job done on the cabling, so I need to find the best way to do it so I don't have to keep swapping cables around.

Should I put everything through the S888 and then use an output from that to go to the projector?

in short yes - but your connectivity is gonna be somewhat limited on the projector compared to your sony home theatre.

Also - according to these specs http://www.ivojo.co.uk/epson-emp-x5.htm the projector cant output a widescreen resolution? is this correct?