HTML Debugging help needed

peasepud

Where on that page is it?

It's not a cellpadding/cellspacing issue?

34526[/snapback]

Its the join between the "Welcome to Alreet!" and "Top Story" rows. I've sussed it now, it appears I had another row of bugger all pixels between them :lol:

Now I have a second 'problem', at the bottom of that page there are 3 columns, the first contains the three other stories, then a small blank, then the featured sponsor column in Dreamweaver the two main headings "Also in this issue" and "Featured Sponsor" are lined up perfectly yet when its displayed in a browser the Featured Sponsor banner is about 10-15 pixels lower.

:nufc:

It's doing what you say in Explorer but not in Firefox, I hate that kind of thing. I think if you slap a valign=top into the td containing the featured sponsor banner it might sort it.

It's doing my head in trying to read through that Dreamweaver code though. What I usually do is switch the main table border=1 (or a nested table if neccessary) so I can see within the borders what's not aligning and then just correct the problem within the problem cell.

It's doing what you say in Explorer but not in Firefox, I hate that kind of thing.  I think if you slap a valign=top into the td containing the featured sponsor banner it might sort it.

It's doing my head in trying to read through that Dreamweaver code though.  What I usually do is switch the main table border=1 (or a nested table if neccessary) so I can see within the borders what's not aligning and then just correct the problem within the problem cell.

34544[/snapback]

sounds like a canny plan, I'll have a fiddle about.