Sweden

Southern Geordie

Never been to Sweden. Only time I've been to Scandinavia was skiing with the school about 200 years ago. Would love to go to a few places there though. Obviously it would be nice in the summer but I'd love to go and see the Northern Lights in winter too.

Try Finland. High iron content in the volcanic rocks....slows down the brain (magnet). :P

Erm, cheers. ;)

;)

That hotel looks lush, is it the one near central station?

Best time to go is June 21st or thereabouts for mid-summer. Everyone heads out to the islands (the archipelago) and gets twatted on schnaps for 2 days. Goes down nicely with the raw fish. (thats not a euphemism btw).

Aye thats the badger. It's literally about 20 yards away. We could have got a train in fact as it picks up directly from the airport but we didnt know where we'd arrive in Stockholm so opted for a taxi instead to get straight to the door.

Anyway the taxi was about £60 give or take and the driver dropped us off directly at the station doors. His fucking face as he drove off! Robdog!

The train is about a tenner and twice as fast.

Aye thats the badger. It's literally about 20 yards away. We could have got a train in fact as it picks up directly from the airport but we didnt know where we'd arrive in Stockholm so opted for a taxi instead to get straight to the door.

Anyway the taxi was about £60 give or take and the driver dropped us off directly at the station doors. His fucking face as he drove off! Robdog!

I bet you fly to Ryanair airports on good faith expecting them to be somewhere near the city they're named after, too. ;)

I bet you fly to Ryanair airports on good faith expecting them to be somewhere near the city they're named after, too. ;)

Slandered by a queer! And on Christmas!

Looks like my mates have decided on going to Barca. ;) Was either there or Milan but the Milan airport was quite far away from the centre, whereas the Barcelona one is in the centre apparantly.

Barcelona is class. Take one of the shuttle buses to the city centre is my advice btw - cheaper than a taxi and quicker than the train.

Looks like my mates have decided on going to Barca. ;) Was either there or Milan but the Milan airport was quite far away from the centre, whereas the Barcelona one is in the centre apparantly.

Barcelona is class. Take one of the shuttle buses to the city centre is my advice btw - cheaper than a taxi and quicker than the train.

Quality, cheers pal. Looks like my mates finally made the right choice! Looks like it's gonna be 50 quid for two nights including flights and accomodation. Cheap airlines and shite hostels I imagine though ;)

Quality, cheers pal. Looks like my mates finally made the right choice! Looks like it's gonna be 50 quid for two nights including flights and accomodation. Cheap airlines and shite hostels I imagine though ;)

Sounds like a bargain, spend more than that on a Saturday night.

Slight word of caution - I've been to Barca twice in the winter time and once it was pretty balmy and the other time it was fucking freezing (minus ten at night, fountains frozen etc.) due to its proximity to the mountains so check the 5 day forecast and don't just assume it'll be nice and warm re: what clothes you take.