Help! - Paintshop help

JawD

Anyone tell me how to do this?

I have two images. One a foreground image and one a background image. The foreground image has a black background and the background has a red based image. I want to paste the foreground image onto the background image without the black background of the foreground image. Still with me? Good. Now I know I need to use transparency, make the black bit transparent etc but Im not sure how.

At the moment Im using Paint Shop Pro. I could prob get photoshop if that can do it easier.

Cheers.

I use CS3 and i think judging by what you say, that you need to use the Marquee tool and draw around the black background then copy that and then paste it to the red background?using layers, open up the 2 images then drag one on top of the other, then edit and free transform so they both match up(view and then snap), ,then marquee tool and you could use the history brush to erase over the black background to bring out the red one?

:blush:

Yeah thats kinda the way |Im doing it now. Pasting on top of the new background as a new layer and erasing the black surround to reveal the correct background. Im sure there is an easier and more accurate way though by using transparency. Like if I made the black transparent so it didnt show when pasted.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't you just using the 'Magic Wand' tool, click on an area of the black background to select it. Inverse the selection then cut (or copy) and paste that over your other image?